Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Plz help with Rainmeter script?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Plz help with Rainmeter script?
Plz help with Rainmeter script? 6 Years, 8 Months ago  
Hi Rainy, I like the look of your new site . Sorry to post a Rainmeter question here, but I didn't know where else to go.

I've been modifying the moxa-weather config by moxamax. It's a great config, esp. since he chose to use weather.com instead of rssweather. Unfortunately, he's been inactive in customize.org for a year and hasn't answered my emails.

Everything's been going well, but I'm stuck on one value: I need to display the low temp for the current day ("today"), but I can't figure out the proper StringIndex= value. The "tomorrow" low temp value is 14, with following days being 14+11 (25, 36, etc.). however, subtracting 11 from 14 is "3", which for some reason displays the HIGH temp for "today".

Can anyone here help with this? I'd really appreciate it, cuz it's the last mod I need to do with this config to make it complete. Very frustrating!

Attached is the ini file and a screenshot. Thanks!
File Attachment:
File Name: 5day_forcast.ini
File Size: 9547
bodhicoyote
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2008/02/09 17:08 By bodhicoyote.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Plz help with Rainmeter script? 6 Years, 8 Months ago  
The weather.com's xml feed doesn't contain the high and low temperatures for the current conditions. It only has the current temperature.
Rainy
graph

Well... that sucks. Is rssWeather worth using yet? Last I checked, it was notoriously unreliable when used in rainmeter skins.

Thanks for responding, btw. PLEASE don't send Rainmeter to the orphange! It's still my favorite app for desktop thingies.
bodhicoyote
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

The problem with rssWeather is that they don't allow you to read the rss feed more than once per hour. The MSN weather page is a good alternative too to get the weather feed.
Rainy
graph

Is there a tutorial anywhere on how to create weather scripts for Rainmeter? It's apparently not just a matter of changing the url (tried that), but I don't know where to look to get the correct StringIndex values.

The Yahoo weather widget is pretty comprehensive, including hi/low temps for "today". I'd like to make a Rainmeter config that's just as informative, if I can find some documentation to help me along...
bodhicoyote
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

I don't think there is any specific tutorial for weather skins. You can quite easily find out the correct StringIndex values if you set the Debug=1 in the ini-file. It will write all the parsed strings to the debug log with the indexes. Reading about regular expressions is useful too.
Rainy
graph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop