Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Meter on top of taskbar, but below video
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Meter on top of taskbar, but below video
Meter on top of taskbar, but below video 5 Years, 6 Months ago  
I've made a tiny meter (config posted in this thread) that I'd like to have on top of the XP taskbar, but still below full screen video I run with Media Player Classic.

The only Position setting in the right-click menu that gets my meter on top of the taskbar is Stay Topmost, but that also puts the meter on top of full screen video.

Is there a different way to get what I want?

Another related problem: I put AlwaysOnTop=2 in my config file, but Rainmeter seems to ignore this setting. I still have to do the same thing via the right-click menu.
cheesecake23
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Meter on top of taskbar, but below video 5 Years, 6 Months ago  
You could try to use some other renderer in MPC. The renderers which draw the image to an overlay might keep it always on top of Rainmeter too. Or not.

The proper way how this could be done is if Rainmeter would stop moving itself to the top of the z-order if it notices a full screen application in front of it. But that requires changes to the application.
Rainy
graph

Re:Meter on top of taskbar, but below video 5 Years, 6 Months ago  
Rainy wrote:
You could try to use some other renderer in MPC. The renderers which draw the image to an overlay might keep it always on top of Rainmeter too. Or not.

Thanks for the suggestion. It was an interesting idea, but Rainmeter still ended up on top for all renderers.

The proper way how this could be done is if Rainmeter would stop moving itself to the top of the z-order if it notices a full screen application in front of it. But that requires changes to the application.

I agree, this would be the best solution. Pending such changes to the Rainmeter code, here is a script for Autohotkey that does the trick (I'm running AHK anyway for some nice application-specific mouse bindings).

Code:

Loop {
WinGetPos,,,w,h,A
windowWidthHeight = %w%%h%
screenWidthHeight = %A_ScreenWidth%%A_ScreenHeight%
WinGet, Style, Style, A
if !(Style & 0xC00000) and (windowWidthHeight == screenWidthHeight) { ; detect fullscreen application
WinSet, AlwaysOnTop, off, ahk_class RainmeterMeterWindow
} else {
WinSet, AlwaysOnTop, on, ahk_class RainmeterMeterWindow
}
Sleep,1
}

cheesecake23
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2009/02/02 19:10 By cheesecake23.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop