Error 403 from Google Calendar? Upgrade to the new Google Calendar support. See here for details. close
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

show desktop failure
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: show desktop failure
show desktop failure 5 Years, 10 Months ago  
ive tried everything i can; putting the possitions of things to desktop, running as admin, running as xp, etc etc, but whatever i do, i cant get rainmeter to remain open when i show desktop (win + d, alt tab to desktop, show desktop button, etc). it only works if i set the items to the top most layer but if i do that they are over my windows and it doesnt work well..

when i set there positions to desktop, the thing i just set to desktop just disappears (the others remain visible)

;(
tidus97
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:show desktop failure 5 Years, 10 Months ago  
Change the window position to "On Desktop". If that doesn't work, use the "On Top" position or learn to use Win+M to minimize the applications (Shift+Win+M brings them back).

Note that the "On Desktop" options might not work with the native transparency (especially in Windows Vista). If you get a black background or the window isn't updated properly try to use the copy transparency instead (Options->Advanced->Transparency Type).

This is from the FAQ, I ran across it and thought it might help.
Southward
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2009/02/01 09:04 By Southward.

Re:show desktop failure 5 Years, 9 Months ago  
there is no option to change transparency mode
tidus97
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:show desktop failure 5 Years, 9 Months ago  
i habitually use show desktop, too, and this proved to be almost a deal breaker for me.
what i ended up doing: installing vistaglazz (run it and apply the patches). this allowed me to apply the striped vista theme: sweatyfish.deviantart.com/art/Striped-VS-Vista-Port-111672941

no, i dont have transparency but i thought it was a visually appealing option and i get to keep my rainmeter stuff, and in place on the desktop.
gummylick
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop