Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

show desktop failure
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: show desktop failure
show desktop failure 5 Years, 5 Months ago  
ive tried everything i can; putting the possitions of things to desktop, running as admin, running as xp, etc etc, but whatever i do, i cant get rainmeter to remain open when i show desktop (win + d, alt tab to desktop, show desktop button, etc). it only works if i set the items to the top most layer but if i do that they are over my windows and it doesnt work well..

when i set there positions to desktop, the thing i just set to desktop just disappears (the others remain visible)

;(
tidus97
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:show desktop failure 5 Years, 5 Months ago  
Change the window position to "On Desktop". If that doesn't work, use the "On Top" position or learn to use Win+M to minimize the applications (Shift+Win+M brings them back).

Note that the "On Desktop" options might not work with the native transparency (especially in Windows Vista). If you get a black background or the window isn't updated properly try to use the copy transparency instead (Options->Advanced->Transparency Type).

This is from the FAQ, I ran across it and thought it might help.
Southward
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2009/02/01 09:04 By Southward.

Re:show desktop failure 5 Years, 5 Months ago  
there is no option to change transparency mode
tidus97
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:show desktop failure 5 Years, 4 Months ago  
i habitually use show desktop, too, and this proved to be almost a deal breaker for me.
what i ended up doing: installing vistaglazz (run it and apply the patches). this allowed me to apply the striped vista theme: sweatyfish.deviantart.com/art/Striped-VS-Vista-Port-111672941

no, i dont have transparency but i thought it was a visually appealing option and i get to keep my rainmeter stuff, and in place on the desktop.
gummylick
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop