Error 403 from Google Calendar? Upgrade to the new Google Calendar support. See here for details. close
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

download traffic reset
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: download traffic reset
download traffic reset 5 Years, 9 Months ago  
is there any chance to reset incoming/outgoing traffic stats to zero at midnight?

that's basically because of limited in/out traffic I have (maybe others too)
brnmtf
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2009/02/03 16:46 By brnmtf.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:download traffic reset 5 Years, 9 Months ago  
The stats can be reset with the !RainmeterResetStats bang command. I guess you could try to create a time measure and call the bang when the hour is 0 but that would work only if Rainmeter was running on midnight. Probably easier solution would be to add a button to the config which resets the stats.
Rainy
graph

Am I right in thinking that the time measure method you've suggested would work in resetting the counter on a given day every month (provided Rainmeter was run on that day)?

I have a monthly download limit, so I'd be keen to be able to set Rainmeter to reset the count on (for example) the first of every month. If I've got this right, I achieve this by adding a new date measure to my cumulative net monitor config then using the IfEqual construction to trigger the Reset Stats bang.

Is it literally as simple as:

Code:

[Reset On First of Month]
Measure=Time
Format=%d
IfEqualValue=1
IfEqualAction=!RainmeterResetStats

?

Sorry, probably quite a rookie question - I get the feeling that if I got this one wrong I'd be blowing my usage monitor, so I'm keen to have someone who knows how to do this stuff tell me if I'm right...
Dave_W
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

You can try it like that. If you are worried about resetting your stats you can always make a copy of the rainmeter.ini file where the stats are stored.
Rainy
graph

Thanks Rainy - I've added it to my config.

Looks like it's not working properly anyway - the figures update while I've got my computer on, but whenever I restart they reset to the original values (400-odd MB downloaded, 60-odd MB uploaded). Looks like something's wrong with the rainmeter.ini file - it does get written to every day, but I think perhaps only when Rainmeter starts and not while it's running.
Dave_W
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

See if it works if you close the Rainmeter manually. Are the stats written to the rainmeter.ini file then?
Rainy
graph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop