Error 403 from Google Calendar? Upgrade to the new Google Calendar support. See here for details. close
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

How do I set a transparent background
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: How do I set a transparent background
How do I set a transparent background 5 Years, 10 Months ago  
This maybe simpler than I think, but I can't create a transparent background to already existing configs/skins. I've played around with the script a couple times, but my knowledge is very limited. Pretty much what I'm looking to do is create a transparent background so that I can leave my current skins on regardless of what desktop background I have. Because of the skins I'm using (all of which are basic white text) I'm limited to dark/black backgrounds. The first thumbnail I've got here is an example of what I'm looking to do. The second thumbnail is my current desktop config/skin set.

n0b34ts
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2009/02/11 18:54 By n0b34ts.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:How do I set a transparent background 5 Years, 10 Months ago  
If you just want a transparent background you can do:

BackgroundMode=1

But this is REALLY annoying since if you want to click on anything in rainmeter you have to perfectly click on the text. IMO it's better to do:

BackgroundMode=2
SolidColor=0, 0, 0, 17

The last digit is the alpha value, 17 is the threshold where you can still click/drag a meter by it's background anything less than that behaves like a full transparency. So with this you can lightly "tint" your background using the first three RGB values (0,0,0 is black), it's almost invisible and yet still click/drag with it.
ChopstickNINJ4
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:How do I set a transparent background 5 Years, 9 Months ago  
Thank you so much. That's exactly what I was looking for. I guess the next step is figuring out how to fade the edges so everything doesn't look quite so blocky. This program has been great and being able to customize just about every aspect is incredible. I just need to learn more about it.
n0b34ts
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop