Error 403 from Google Calendar? Upgrade to the new Google Calendar support. See here for details. close
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Show on Mouseover?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Show on Mouseover?
Show on Mouseover? 5 Years, 8 Months ago  
I'm looking for a way to make a rainmeter object show on mouseover. What I'm envisioning is that it would be marked as "always on top" but would only become visible when I moused over that area of my screen. Kind of like the taskbar when it's on auto-hide.

I know that the option is not available in the options list, but I was hoping that it might be possible either by reversing the behavior of the "hide on mouseover" option or by changing the object's transparency or position somehow on mouseover. I'm quite new to editing rainmeter, and I can't figure out how to do it using the .ini files.

Thanks in advance.
dvoid_03
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Show on Mouseover? 5 Years, 8 Months ago  
I haven't tried this so I won't say for sure it will work...

Try making a config with the first meter being an IMAGE, use a completely transparent png. Then create the meter you want to "show" below that meter. Set the MouseOverAction on your transparent meter to !RainmeterShowMeter [Meter] (Config) pointing it to your meter you want to show. Set the MouseLeaveAction to !RainmeterHideMeter [Meter] (Config) to rehide the meter.

Like I said, might not work, but that's how I would try to do it if I were you.
dragonmage
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

The easy way is to set the transparency to 90% and enable the "Fade In" from the menu. It's not possible to make the window completely transparent since it won't receive window events in that state.

Or you can try it the way dragonmage suggests and just show the meters when the mouse enters the window and hide them when it leaves.
Rainy
graph

Oh wow....I've been mucking about all weekend with OnMouseOver events and stuff and it was that simple? Yep that works perfectly for my purposes. Thanks!

Thanks to dragonmage, as well. Your solution would probably have worked, if I was more familiar with coding.
dvoid_03
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop