Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Really liking Rainlendar, but...
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: Really liking Rainlendar, but...
Re:Really liking Rainlendar, but... 5 Years ago  
Dear Admin,

I have a problem and believe that you can help me. (assuming that you know OSX as well)

I removed the calendar, events and to do list windows from the screen (I planned on adding them back later). The application starts fine, however I don't receive any menus for anything other than the menu that allows me to quit. I tried re-installing the application but I'm encountering the same problem. Any ideas on how to fix it?

I know this topic is not related to my concern but I think it is faster like this.

THX
Mac OSX
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Ah, after extensive searching, I have found about 40 other programs and none, not one even hold a candle to what rainlendar is!

All I want it to do is:
Carry over to-dos from day to day if they aren't complete.
Show me only today's to-dos even if they repeat, I don't want to see it until the next day!

They should appear at their Start time, turn red at their due time and carry over until completed. And most importantly, disappear when they are completed!!!!!!!

Rainy, I know this can be achieved rather simply, can you point me to an editor that would allow me to do it myself even? :d
mumeishi
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Also, is there a way to cut down the resources used by rainlendar? I have games that use less, lol.

14k, seems a tad excessive for such a small application. Thank you!

*edit* I downloaded the old rainlendar, it was only using 3-5k resources, much better! But I lost all the great To-do functions, which sucks, but completing them worked.

I'd love a cross between the old and new, it'd be perfect!@#!

This really is still the best program available like this.
mumeishi
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2009/07/12 07:17 By mumeishi.

You know, this is a huge oversight! Why the crap is something that starts on the 31st of July in my To-Do list, showing up today?

It should only show the day it's necessary and disappear when you mark it as complete. It should show up the NEXT start time, if it reoccurs.

Rainy, are you a one man team or something? Is there nobody else who can add this functionality? What file would I need to edit to do this myself? :d
mumeishi
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

good grief man, give Rainy a break. he works his ass off making this free program. it's dead easy to use, so just slow down a little, and try reading the help files, i'm sure you can work things out.

try right-clicking on an item in the ToDo list and see what kind of options there are
garbanzo
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Ok, so I went over the help after I read your post and some more today. I know how to create a skin now, but I still have no clue how I would add this function to Rainlendar.

Let me just say I'm very sorry for being rude or coming off as an ass, it's just this 1 thing would bring this program full circle, I know I'm not the only one that wants a to-do list that will function as such.

I'm well aware of the options and what they do, I'm very thorough with something before I ever come asking/bitching anywhere. ;P

It's very clear this to-do list will not do what I want at this point with out some further coding. I've already stated what's necessary for a to-do list to do! lol

1. Only show tasks for today's date, showing up at the start time, turning red at the due time, "hiding" at the completed time.

2. Reoccurring tasks should be the same as above, except they should return the next day at their start time.

3. Most importantly, only today's tasks should show! I have a very cluttered to-do list because it shows tasks that are weeks away!
mumeishi
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 123
get the latest posts directly to your desktop