Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Forum has Stingy Karma Restrictions
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Forum has Stingy Karma Restrictions
Forum has Stingy Karma Restrictions 4 Years, 8 Months ago  
Why does the forum restrict us to giving karma to only one post every six hours? I saw a couple of pretty good posts and wondered why no-one gave them karma until I tried to hit the second one. For me this restriction just makes me want to forget about using karma at all. Who is going to wait for 6 or more hours to come back and give karma to a second post, try and remember to go back and hit a third post another day and so on?

Locking users out from sending karma to the same post multiple times makes sense, and maybe even restricting negative karma, but this creates a needless scarcity of good karma. If it must be restricted, how about something more reasonable like 5 or 10 per day?
mikeg
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Forum has Stingy Karma Restrictions 4 Years, 8 Months ago  
mikeg wrote:
Why does the forum restrict us to giving karma to only one post every six hours? I saw a couple of pretty good posts and wondered why no-one gave them karma until I tried to hit the second one. For me this restriction just makes me want to forget about using karma at all. Who is going to wait for 6 or more hours to come back and give karma to a second post, try and remember to go back and hit a third post another day and so on?

Locking users out from sending karma to the same post multiple times makes sense, and maybe even restricting negative karma, but this creates a needless scarcity of good karma. If it must be restricted, how about something more reasonable like 5 or 10 per day?

I must admit, I haven't used the karma thing very much... But I totally agree with you, and think it should be changed, or if that's not possible - remove it...
Arne Anka
Varför kan jag inte hålla min glappa käft i styr?
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2009/11/11 08:21 By Arne Anka.
Livet är bara en period man ska överleva.
Som filosoferna säger: man föds, man lever och man dör ensam...

As IMHO, this forum is bascally a support forum, I think the Karma stuff should be turned off...
Gideon007
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2009/11/12 14:22 By Gideon007.

Karma may be useful in the Suggestions Forum as a rudimentary poll. Other than that, there probably is little value in it. Could be a global feature that's on or off for the entire board.

Seems to be mostly ignored on this board anyway as people naturally want to focus on their issue. I just got surprised by the 6 hour restriction.
mikeg
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Yeah, if turning it off is easy, I'd go with turning it off
I had a bad experience with Karma on a board where this lead to all kinds of fights and people leaving the board because of it and then people leaving the board because the Karmasystem was turned off

The less time Rainy has to spend on policing or fine tuning the forum the beter for his programs. I'm just glad that he switched the forum software since the old one always seemed sluggish to me
Gideon007
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

I hadn't even noticed the karma thing. It's turned off now.
Rainy
graph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop