Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Dates for recurring tasks do not update in To-Do
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Dates for recurring tasks do not update in To-Do
Dates for recurring tasks do not update in To-Do 4 Years, 3 Months ago  
Hi,

I have just started using Rainlendar and would like to know if there is any way to create a recurring task in the To-Do list where the due date would update automatically each time one occurrence of the event has passed by.

For example, I want to set an alarm for a task that I need to complete daily at 9:00pm.
I want to repeat this event daily.

I have set this up using the "New Task" from the context menu in To-Do window. However, the "due date" is always fixed to the due date that I used to create the task. It doesn't update automatically to the next due date once the time for the event has passed.

I am aware that I can create a "New event" from the context menu of Events window, but I don't like this since it fills the Event window with too many events which overshadow other one-time important events. This would be even more of a nuisance if I wanted to add 2 or 3 daily recurring events.

I'd like to use the To-Do list since it's much "cleaner" because the event is listed only once. However, the only problem is that the due date doesn't update to the next due date. It is always fixed.

Is it possible to have the due date update itself automatically in the To-Do window? If not, could this feature be implemented? Thanks.
Conquerz
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Dates for recurring tasks do not update in To-Do 4 Years, 3 Months ago  
Would creating an event with an alarm and then using the category <Hidden> solve your problem?
Leif
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

I don't see a "hidden" option in categories so I can't try this.
Or are you talking about disabling "show in calendar" option? But that's in Todo and not in Events.
Conquerz
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

I'm using version 2.7 (b88). And the category <Hidden> is at the very bottom of my list of categories.
Leif
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

Well I'm using the official free version from the download link (2.6) and the hidden category isn't there. I'll try the beta version but I'm not sure if this solution will solve the problem I outlined in my initial post above.
Conquerz
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

No solution to this issue?

Solution is simple:

1) Add an option (tick) to enable/disable "display next due date". Or two separate options, one for displaying next due date and one for displaying start due date.

2) Same could be said about the events list. There could be an option where user could enter the number of future entries to display in the Events window. We could have options such as "none" (same as hidden), "all" or manually enter the "number of entries" to display.
Conquerz
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop