Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Sync'ing Rainlendar Outlook 2003 & Blackberry
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Sync'ing Rainlendar Outlook 2003 & Blackberry
Sync'ing Rainlendar Outlook 2003 & Blackberry 3 Years, 11 Months ago  
I own the registered pro version of Rainlendar. I've used it for over a year, and I love it. I really couldn't live without it now...or at least I'd miss a lot of appointments!

I also have Outlook 2003 and a Blackberry Bold. My blackberry sync's to my Outlook Calendar through an interface. Basically, I just plug in my phone and press a button.

I would like to sync Rainlendar's calendar OUT TO Outlook. With the Pro version, it automatically sync's FROM Outlook.

The problem is, I don't really use Outlook's calendar to input events, as I much prefer the interface to input to Rainlendar.

I have tried exporting the Rainlendar calendar as a .ics file, and then use a vbscript to import it into Outlook. Then, I should be able to sync my blackberry. Problem is, the ics file does not import 100% into Outlook. I am not sure if this is the outlook script, or because Rainlendar's exported .ics file is corrupt or incorrect.

Any thoughts? Does a good method exist? If not, I would probably have to write a program to convert Rainlendar's .ics file into a format that the blackberry can read. I would just write this program using Basic.

Thanks in advance, to those who have already solved this small problem!
TruePrecision
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Sync'ing Rainlendar Outlook 2003 & Blackberry 3 Years, 11 Months ago  
I figured out one kind of easy way....

I export the calendar as an .ics file from Rainlendar.

Where it says at the top:

METHOD:PUBLISH

I change it to

METHOD:REQUEST

Then, I attach and mail this .ics file to myself, and open it up in my blackberry.

Voilla. Blackberry calendar is sync'd. Sure...it's kind of a pain in the butt...and I may try and script it somehow in the future.
TruePrecision
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Sync'ing Rainlendar Outlook 2003 & Blackberry 3 Years, 6 Months ago  
A more automated solution might be to do it via Google Calendar. This is what I did for my Blackberry, Thunderbird and Rainlendar. I never actually use gmail or google calendar except as a sever for syncing my laptop and blackberry. Instead of trying to sync them with each other I sync each one with Google calendar.

This article talks about syncing Outlook with Google Calendar Sync outlook/google cal - Warning: I don't use Outlook. This is just the first solution I found by Googling. There may well be other/better ways to do it.

The registered version of Rainlendar can also sync with Google Calendar so you can then use Rainy to update Google Cal and that will then sync with your Outlook automatically.

That just leaves your Blackberry. You could just continue to sync it by connecting to your desktop/Outlook but a better (mobile) way would be to use Google Sync. That will allow you to add events on your BB while you are out and about and sync to Gcal. the new event will then automatically appear in Rainy and Outlook when they next sync.

Note: I also synced my Thunderbird address book with gmail using Google Sync. It sends both Cal and Contacts to my BB (two way sync) so i never need to connect my BB to my comp except to transfer media.

Check out Kigoo which appears to sync both outlook cal and contacts. Might be a better solution than the one above. Warning: again I just found that as the first google search option. There may be many other/better ones out there.
obscure
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Sync'ing Rainlendar Outlook 2003 & Blackberry 3 Years, 6 Months ago  
Thanks- that's a good idea.

Actually, I figured out what I was doing wrong, and it works fine with outlook now. I had to select the "outlook calendar" when creating events and tasks. Then, since I have blackberry manager which sync's automatically with outlook, I just plug in my phone and voilla- it's done.
TruePrecision
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop