Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Sync with Android-Phones?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Sync with Android-Phones?
Sync with Android-Phones? 4 Years, 1 Month ago  
hey there,

is there any easy way to synchronize events and todos between rainlendar and an android-running phone like the htc desire?

thanks!
yoodilo
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Sync with Android-Phones? 4 Years, 1 Month ago  
I would assume that you can sync at least the event through Google calendar. Not sure how to sync the tasks though (does Android support Remember the Milk)?
Rainy
graph

Re:Sync with Android-Phones? 4 Years, 1 Month ago  
Is there any possibility? I hate the aspect that google knows every of my events is it possible to make the calendar on google at least private / password protected!?

edit: I need rainlendar pro to do it, right?! are the events directly synchronized with rainlendar, so when adding an event to google calendar, rainlendar updates the calendar on my computer and the other way round!?
yoodilo
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2010/06/04 13:36 By yoodilo.

As far as I know the Google calendars are private by default but the data isn't encrypted so Google will have access to it. It's not possible to get any notification when the events are edited in the Google's website so there is a small delay before the changes are updated to Rainlendar (you can adjust that with the Poll Frequency setting). And yes, you need the Rainlendar Pro version for the Google calendar support.
Rainy
graph

Okay thanks so far. Two more questions I have:

1. How to upgrade from my currently running rainlendar free (I'm using beta versions) to the pro version? Are there also beta versions for the pro-version?

2. Is it possible to exclude certain categories when synchronizing? I blend out done events by adding the category "done" to it and thus I don't want them to be uploaded. Or when I set an event to "done" in rainlendar, it should be deleted (if it was uploaded to google before).
yoodilo
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

1. You can just install the Pro version over your current installation (or create a backup, uninstall the Lite and install the Pro). The beta versions are always for the Pro.

2. Rainlendar doesn't rely on any local data with the network calendars so all information must be uploaded to the server. If you want to ignore some events you either need to delete them manually or move to some other calendar.
Rainy
graph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop