Error 403 from Google Calendar? Upgrade to the new Google Calendar support. See here for details. close
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

no server-support for NAS devices anymore?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: no server-support for NAS devices anymore?
no server-support for NAS devices anymore? 7 Years, 11 Months ago  
Hi!

i used rainlendar for a while and it was great...

it was great because i was able to compile the server on my Buffalo Linkstation (based on powerpc) running Linux from source.

and i could connect with the client from anywhere...my NAS served it....it was perfect as my NAS needs 20 W including the builtin HDD.

now things have changed. i am not able to compile it from source, which means there is no chance to get a recent version working on the box again.

in fact i wanted to compile the server for the OpenLink Images...i thought i compile it as a installable package for all three architectures of the Linkstations: powerpc/mipsel/arm9

is there any solution?

EDIT: ouch, wrong forum section. please move it to support or discussion. sorry!<br><br>Post edited by: mindbender, at: 2006/12/13 07:10
mindbender
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:no server-support for NAS devices anymore? 7 Years, 11 Months ago  
There is no custom server for the new Rainlendar anymore. If your NAS is able to run e.g. Apache with WebDAV extension there shouldn't be any problems using Rainlendar with it. A normal ftp server works too if the Apache is too heavy application for the NAS.
Rainy
graph

Re:no server-support for NAS devices anymore? 7 Years, 11 Months ago  
ok. you have won.

i am still unsure if i will use lighttpd with webdav or ftp....webdav should be more secure i suppose.

thx!

if it works i will buy a licence soon!
mindbender
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop