Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Windows live Mail
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Windows live Mail
Windows live Mail 3 Years, 10 Months ago  
Hi, I am using the free version of rainlendar for quite some time now, and i find it really helpfull and easy managable. At the moment i am thinking about buying the pro version. So i can use the sync tools. I've downloaded the trial Pro version and i was trying to synch with windows live mail. But i cant get it fixed.

Is this possible or aint it possible ?

regards Niek
Niekio
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Windows live Mail 3 Years, 10 Months ago  
I assume you mean the Windows Live Calendar? The last time I checked Microsoft doesn't provide any kind of API which would allow 3rd party applications access the events so synchronization with it is not possible. I have never used the Live Calendar but if it's possible to access the events in iCalendar (*.ics) form you should be able to use the Network Shared Calendar in Rainlendar to at least read them.
Rainy
graph

Re: Windows live Mail 3 Years, 9 Months ago  
Hmm i've searched my computer with the search option, to scan the HD for *.ics files, the only one which he could find was the ics from rainlendar its self, so i suppose i cannot synch with it. Ty for the effort en the reply!
Niekio
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Windows live Mail 3 Years ago  
I recently went through this process, because I have an older WinMobile 6.5 phone that used to sync to my company's Exchange server, but after leaving the company I needed to find a new way to sync my phone (calendar and contacts) to the cloud, and Google Sync didn't work for it. So I had to migrate my stuff to Windows Live.

What I found out: You can use Rainlendar to display a shared Windows Live web calendar on desktop, but you must use the web client, or the Windows Live Mail desktop client to edit the calendar entries. Rainlendar cannot be used to add and edit entries to your Windows Live account.

To make a Windows Live Mail calendar visible and available for Rainlendar, Share the calendar (thru the web client) and get the links to it, but don't specify any people to see it. You can then paste this link as a new web calendar in Rainlendar.

The only oddity I noticed is that it takes a few good seconds for Rainlendar to refresh the calendar, and if you change its settings, it seems to disappear for a while first.

Hope that helps.
Skaven252
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2011/09/20 04:22 By Skaven252.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop