Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Sync with Outlook (and Nokia)
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Sync with Outlook (and Nokia)
Sync with Outlook (and Nokia) 7 Years, 7 Months ago  
Is it possible to sync with Outlook, and Outlook to sync with Rainlendar2, transparently and automatically, without me opening up Outlook? (Confirmation dialogs are not option)

If I can do that it should be pretty easy to sync with Nokia smartphones.
Ciantic
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Sync with Outlook (and Nokia) 7 Years, 7 Months ago  
Yes, except that the Outlook sync is only one way meaning that the modifications are not written back to Outlook.
Rainy
graph

Re:Sync with Outlook (and Nokia) 7 Years, 6 Months ago  
Rainy wrote:
Yes, except that the Outlook sync is only one way meaning that the modifications are not written back to Outlook.

Rainlendar -> Outlook, doesn't work
Outlook -> Rainlendar, works

If so, how on earth I'm supposed to sync with Nokia? As all my calendar items are in Rainlendar?

Am I missing something, but doesn't this mean I have to stop using Rainlendar as my calendar program and let the Rainlendar update itself everytime I add item to outlook? Basically I'll have to start using Outlook as my primary calendar and let Rainlendar to be my desktop calendar... that sucks indeed.

(I haven't yet purchased Rainlendar2 Pro to try out the outlook sync feature, and I'm not even going to if it is not fully working)
Ciantic
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Sync with Outlook (and Nokia) 7 Years, 6 Months ago  
Ya its not yet fully working. And Ive been doing lots of searching there isnt really any calendar out there that sits on the desktop and can write to Outlook. They can only read from Outlook and display it on the desktop.

What I was wondering is Can you make all items a link so that it opens up the task or calendar within Outlook for updating that particular item. This way all items are still managed by Outlook and only displayed by Rainlender.

Thanks,
Jesse
stoi2m1
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop