Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Timzones 1 hour off
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Timzones 1 hour off
Timzones 1 hour off 3 Years, 1 Month ago  
Hi - I am editing someones script to display multiple timezones. A couple of observations, most likely I am just not understanding something.

1. the DST tag seems to do nothing - either omitted (which is equal to DST=1 per the help docs), DST = "0" or DST = "1". All three have no effect on the time.

2. All of the timezones appear to be 1 hour off. Here is the code snippet:

Code:

<image id="Weather.background" element="bitmap.list.background" origin="TOP-LEFT" x="313" y="22" w="184" h="50" scaling="STRETCH" />
<time x="319" y="30" align="TOP-LEFT" element="font.normal.ten" color="255,255,255,255" effect="NORMAL" format="DETROIT" />
<time x="397" y="23" align="TOP-LEFT" element="font.largest1" color="255,255,255,255" effect="NORMAL" format="%H:%M" timezone="-4" DST="1" /> 
<time x="401" y="49" align="TOP-LEFT" element="font.medium.upper" color="255,255,255,255" effect="NORMAL" format="%d %b  %a" timezone="-4" DST="1" /> 

I can get this to work if I put "-4" as the timezone, but Detroit is firmly in the -5 timezone as far as I understand.

As stated the DST settings have no effect that I am seeing.

I am using the latest Beta. I saw the same result using the normal released version. I am on 64-bit windows but I am using the 32-bit version of the software. My Outlook is 32-bit if it matters.

Thanks for the help!
Poon
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Timzones 1 hour off 3 Years, 1 Month ago  
Try using "+1" instead of "1".
EDIT: WRONG ANSWER.

Why you set format="DETROIT". I think this is invalid.
According to this (www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=77) current time zone is GMT -4.
Are you in Detroit? are the system time set to Detroit?
I think the DST works only for current location. (or system location).

Could be that the case?
Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male My Rainlendar Skins Location: Argentina Birthday: 03/15
Last Edit: 2011/07/11 09:16 By Jorge_Luis.

Re: Timzones 1 hour off 3 Years, 1 Month ago  
My system is currently in Japan, on Japan time. I think the issue is the DST was throwing me off. YEs, if you ignore DST then Detroit is in the -4 timezone. I "thought" that the timezone would be -5 plus turning DST on.
Poon
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop