Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Delays in data storage - Windows7 (32bit)
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Delays in data storage - Windows7 (32bit)
Delays in data storage - Windows7 (32bit) 2 Years, 10 Months ago  
First of all, I say the Railendar is a very good program and I am using it since 2005. I never had problem till now.
I am experiencing an odd behaviour of RaiLendar 2.8 version as 2.9 version too (I suppos it is not depending the program version).
For any editing either events or tasks the program freezzes about 10 seconds during the saving data. Futher more, the CPU usage goes over 65%. This kind of issue is present only on my PC Windows 7(32bit) OS. In the PC windows XP sp3 OS, instead, all saving operations taks about 2-3 sencods. The same trouble happens when I dismiss any event from event/task Alarm window or delete an event/task from Manager window. I would like to inform you that in both WinXP and Win7 PCs there are many event/task (they are exactly the same) and the settings are the same in both PCs. Furthermore, the CPU of Win7 PC is faster than one of WinXP PC.
I tried to unistall/install Railendar many time, but without result.
Why is there this kind of delays on the Win7 PC only?
Is there some workaround to fix this trouble?

Thanking in advance, I send you my best regards.

Giampaolo

P.S.: Sorry for my english speech and I hope to have posted on right discussion.
kana48
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2011/09/12 17:29 By kana48.Reason: modify a term
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Delays in data storage - Windows7 (32bit) 2 Years, 10 Months ago  
On some systems writing to a network drives is really slow for some reason so make sure you keep the events on your local hard drive. If you have a huge number (=thousands) of events updating the file might take a while too (although it should affect both systems). Anyway, you can try to create a new calendar and add your more recent events to there so that the events file is smaller. You can keep the old file as an archive if you like.
Rainy
graph

Re: Delays in data storage - Windows7 (32bit) 2 Years, 10 Months ago  
Thanks @Rainy for your kind answer. I would like inform you that the two PC (WinXP and Win7) are not in network (I forgot to give you this information). Furthermore, both calendars have the same number of events (800 about), than I suppose that there is an issue with win7OS 32bit. Ten seconds delay is too much by my side.

Thank you again

Giampaolo
kana48
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop