Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

USB Key
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: USB Key
USB Key 7 Years, 7 Months ago  
Hi all,
I wish you all a happy new year.
I'm using R2 lite on my desktop and i would like to use pro now because i have ICS cals on my website.
But, i would like to know before if it's possible to place and run R2 from my USB key ?
I would like to have the possibility to run it from elsewhere with my USB Key.

regards,

wg
wgambazza
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:USB Key 7 Years, 7 Months ago  
From the FAQ:
Can I install Rainlendar2 to a USB memory?
Yes, you can. If you use the Windows version the installer can do this automatically for you. You can also just copy everything in the Rainlendar's folder to the USB memory and create an empty text file called rainlendar2.ini in the same folder where the executable is. This will make Rainlendar2 to use it's own folder for the settings and it will also store all the events and tasks to the same folder too.

From the Help:
Portable installation: By default Rainlendar will store all the settings and events into your home folder (Linux: ~/.rainlendar2/ Windows: C:\Documents and Settings\{YourName}\.rainlendar2. If you want to install Rainlendar e.g. into a USB memory you can just create a empty text file called rainlendar2.ini and put it in the same folder where you installed Rainlendar. Rainlendar will first try to look for the file in it's own folder and if that is found it will use that as its default folder for the settings and events. The installer has also option to do this automatically.
If you want to store the settings to some other folder you can use the --config command line parameter to define the path.
Alf
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Dutch translator of Rainlendar

Re:USB Key 7 Years, 7 Months ago  
OOOOps !
i apologize
I've searched on the help but didn't found.

thank u !
wgambazza
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop