Error 403 from Google Calendar? Upgrade to the new Google Calendar support. See here for details. close
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

backup files; activating
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: backup files; activating
backup files; activating 3 Years, 1 Month ago  
I just shifted from XP to Windows 7. My files were backed up by Carbonite. I have a lot of backup files for Rainlendar. How do I get them into the new calendar I just installed?
young.da
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: backup files; activating 3 Years, 1 Month ago  
Win7 uses different folder structure than XP so you might not be able to use your old settings files anymore. You can find your events from the Default.ics file (see FAQ) which you can import back to Rainlendar in the Manager dialog.
Rainy
graph

Re: backup files; activating 3 Years ago  
For some reason I lost my old files. Now I'm up and running with a new computer and Win7. I've rerun rainlendar and re-entered all my dates. I'm not excited about any backup program. I've not been satisfied with any of them including carbonite which I now use. And I've read a lot of bad things about Dell's backup program. What is the best way to backup rainlendar?
young.da
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: backup files; activating 3 Years ago  
The best way to backup Rainlendar is to make sure that your backup application backs up your whole home folder. If it doesn't do that you can manually add the .rainlendar2 folder to the backed up folders.
Rainy
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop