Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Connections with Google Calendar Issues
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Connections with Google Calendar Issues
Connections with Google Calendar Issues 2 Years, 7 Months ago  
I've downloaded the program on several office computers that are hardlined into an internet connection and then connected Rainlendar to Google Calendars. One of the computers I've set this up on is a laptop, that while in the office is hardlined to the internet, but then goes home and uses a wifi connection. The user has now reported back that Rainlender sends an error message saying it cannot authenticate Google. I've tested the system on several other laptops using wifi in different locations as well as a Sprint Stick using a cell network. It appears the error happens when you leave the program running and move in and out of wifi coverage. I would then click okay for the error, make sure the laptop is connected to the internet and then refresh Rainlendar, which seems to resolve the issue.

Does this seem like a reasonable explanation of the situation? Is this the only solution to this issue? If anyone has had a situation like this and have found something that I've missed please let me know.
sail123
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Connections with Google Calendar Issues 2 Years, 7 Months ago  
Do you know if the IP number of the computer changes when the error happens? It might be that the Google authentication is tied somehow to it so the previous token gets invalidated when the IP changes. I can check if it would be possible to re-authenticate automatically in this kind of situation.
Rainy
graph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop