Error 403 from Google Calendar? Upgrade to the new Google Calendar support. See here for details. close
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

date format not changed on new task/event window
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: date format not changed on new task/event window
date format not changed on new task/event window 2 Years, 7 Months ago  
Hi all

On my Fedora 14 i386 machine I changed through the advanced option the date format to the British one and this worked for some interface displays (e.g. To Do window), but this has no effect on the new task/event windows (i.e. the ones you get when trying to add a task/event).

The version is 2.9 (b111). In fact I am now realising there's no such problem with the beta version I use on my Arch 64, so maybe it's just a matter of time, but would a developer care to look at the issue?

Related to this, I in fact changed the date format to %d %b %Y rather than %d/%m/%Y in the working beta version and the new task window comes up with %d/%m/%Y. It would be nice to see that changed to %d %b %Y. I'm getting rather confused with various formats and would rather see the month in alphabet.

Yo
yosato
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: date format not changed on new task/event window 2 Years, 7 Months ago  
The date controls are native to the operating system so Rainlendar cannot change the formatting in them. The date format comes directly from the operating system so you would have to change the regional settings in your OS (not sure how to do that in Linux though). Note that the format also depends on the locale of the application which in Rainlendar is defined by language you have selected in the options.
Rainy
graph

Re: date format not changed on new task/event window 2 Years, 7 Months ago  
Thanks well I don't know how I didn't think of that possibility... I changed the locale to a British one and it works kind of fine (dd/mm/yyyy format).

I would still have thought that it would be nice to have a flexibility (regardless of the locale) in the date format in New Task window. Surely this is possible...

Yo
yosato
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop