Error 403 from Google Calendar? Upgrade to the new Google Calendar support. See here for details. close
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

New info not saving - Share suggestion - Updating
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: New info not saving - Share suggestion - Updating
New info not saving - Share suggestion - Updating 2 Years, 7 Months ago  
Hi there,
Recent license purchaser here. Have been having the same problem for a while, and there's no real set pattern to it, but when I update an entry with new info and click ok, sometimes it doesn't save.

Just to note, I use rainlendar on my desktop and sync it to Google and from here I view it on my phone (HTC Desire). I don't ever view it direct from Google. I also use Gtasks on the phone to see task entries. Running W7.

Would it be possible to have a more definite "OK" procedure where say for example, you press "Save and Sync" and it will show you the sync progress to Google and the screen disappears when complete and you can be assured that whatever you just inputted to the Desktop version, is now saved fully and available on the phone?

Another thing is, would it be possible to just have the ONE entry for each calendar?

I use one main calendar but will sometimes share an entry with someone who uses another calendar, to do this creates 2 entries in Rainlendar and then if I update one entry with info on one calendar, it won't save to the other calendar and I've to edit that separately. There's also no way to see which calendar you're selecting when you right click the day on the desktop so if there was just a single entry that again, you could see "updating" progress of, this would be brilliant.

Also just another question on actually updating the program itself, can I just download and update to the latest version without having to do anything with my license or how does it work?

Any feedback appreciated
cormie
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: New info not saving - Share suggestion - Updating 2 Years, 7 Months ago  
If you enable Options->Advanced->"Keep editor open until writing succeeds" the editor shows a progress and doesn't close until the event has been stored to Google calendar.

Unfortunately multiple events cannot be combined even if they contain the same information. Rainlendar uses the event's identifier to separate the events so if two events have different identifier they are shown separate in Rainlendar.

You can upgrade Rainlendar just by installing the new version over the current one. The settings and events are stored to a different location so they are preserved in the upgrade.
Rainy
graph

Re:New info not saving - Share suggestion - Updating 2 Years, 7 Months ago  
That's cool about the edit updating option,never saw that before. Will give it a go and see if the problem persists and report back if so.

Great about updating too

Pity about the calendars not being able to be combined, can you see any problem in doing so? Would it be possible to do so?
cormie
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

@cormie: (If my understanding is correct.)
I use one main calendar but will sometimes share an entry with someone who uses another calendar, to do this creates 2 entries in Rainlendar and then if I update one entry with info on one calendar, it won't save to the other calendar and I've to edit that separately.You can specify multiple calendars for one event.
First of all, go to Options > Advanced > checked "Allow multiple calendars" > click "OK" to leave.
Then, open (Add or Edit an event) the Events Dialog, you will see that "Calendars" option allows you to specify (checked) multiple calendars at the same time.

can I just download and update to the latest version without having to do anything with my license or how does it work?Should can without do anything. It wrote: The license is valid for all the future updates for Rainlendar 2.X version.
anoob
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male Location: TaiChung, Taiwan, R.O.C. Birthday: 02/12
I couldn't speak English! This skin released to Customize.org(Do you want it? Click Picture) Please contact me if interested: jhg5702@gmail.com

Thanks for the reply.

Yup, could get the multiple calendars going no problem, I had that box ticked before too. It's just that when I want to share an event between two calendars, if I want to edit the event, I have to edit both entries, rather than just having one entry the base for both calendars. Not sure if this will ever be possible?
cormie
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re:New info not saving - Share suggestion - Updating 5 Months, 1 Week ago  
Hmm, this seems to be happening again

I've two calendars selected to save an event to, and one is saving fine, but not the other, it just keeps hanging at "updating" if I have that calendar selected and then it just stops "updating" and if I press ok, it just does "updating" again, and fails again, if I choose cancel it asks if I want to discard the information I entered
cormie
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop