Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Height of events window & color of "event" days?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1234
TOPIC: Height of events window & color of "event" days?
Height of events window & color of "event" days? 1 Year, 3 Months ago  
I'm trying to change the event window in shadow4 skin, so that I don't have to hover over to see everything. I just like making one long list, and that's it.

When I go to settings, it promptly changes the width of the window, but no matter what I put in as window height, it stays the same.

Also I'd like to change the days that I have "events" to some different color.

Could someone please give me a tip on how to do those 2 things? I'm no good with editing html (or xml), I manage to open the skin.xml in Word, but then it's all chinese to me. All help will be appreciated. I think the program is great, I just need to learn how to use it.
falzman
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Height of events window & color of "event" days? 1 Year, 3 Months ago  
Welcome to the forum, falzman.

The height of the event list is the maximum possible value. If you have less events, the window will be shorter. This value is used to limit the size of the window and to show a scrollbar if more space is needed.

The default color for the calendar is white for empty days and pink for weekends. To change the colors of the events you need to change the category for each of them. Most categories have a default color. Or you can create/edit your own. Or use the predefined [Blue], [Red], [Yellow]...
Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male My Rainlendar Skins Location: Argentina Birthday: 03/15

Thank you for your reply, I'm still having problems with it.

Inserting a different value for Eventswindow height:
(Options -> skins -> Shadow4 Eventslist -> Advanced -> Settings -> change Eventlist height (to, say, 700 (instead of the default 300)
does not do a thing, while the program promptly changes the window width, if I choose different value. It's still only an "balloon window".

As far as color goes, the only color I would like to change is the day that is in the red circle. It becomes blue if I have event's for "today", and with blue within red I can't even read the date. I am OK with blue for everything else.
Thank you.

falzman
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2013/01/17 14:49 By falzman.

Re: Height of events window & color of 1 Year, 3 Months ago  
falzman wrote:
Thank you for your reply, I'm still having problems with it.

Inserting a different value for Eventswindow height:
(Options -> skins -> Shadow4 Eventslist -> Advanced -> Settings -> change Eventlist height (to, say, 700 (instead of the default 300)
does not do a thing, while the program promptly changes the window width, if I choose different value. It's still only an "balloon window".

As far as color goes, the only color I would like to change is the day that is in the red circle. It becomes blue if I have event's for "today", and with blue within red I can't even read the date. I am OK with blue for everything else.
Thank you.

I'm not sure exactly what you want. Try checking Options -> Advanced -> Event List -> Show full event summary. This will remove the dots ("...") and show all the info.
In your picture, the event is showing the info from the description because the summary is empty. I don't know if this was just an example or is the idea of your request.

Some colors are buried inside the code. And blue is the color by default. I could say to change the color of the day marker, but if you change it to green, orange, yellow,... it will be the same.

EDIT: Or you can change the marker to the slim circle or rectangle. The option is in the same window as the first screenshot.
Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2013/01/17 15:18 By Jorge_Luis.

Jorge, thank you for your patience. This program is very well made and powerfull tool. I'm sure I'll be barely using 10% of the options it can offer.

I somewhat figured out the colors, and the idea with thin circle is perfect.

As far as events go: yes, that was the idea. All in one window, easily editable, no event summary. I've just moved to a different country and have a million things to do every day, so what I need is type it all in one window, with minimum time spent on making it pretty. Whatever doesn't get done, get copied over to the next day(s). Just "today's" list visible (that one I figured out on my own).

This is what I have when the option you're talking about it unchecked:

This is what I have when the option IS checked. Still a bunch of dots and list cut short.
falzman
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2013/01/18 01:07 By falzman.

The size for the events is limited in the window. You can't add a large list of items as you want on that window.

I will recommend you that instead of editing the same event create multiple tasks without due date and use the Task/ToDo List. So, when one of the tasks is completed, you check it and the task disappear from the window ("hide completed task" need to be checked) and the rest remains.

"Events" are more for specific events, like a birthday, an appointment, a TV show... if your events are more like "do this, do that, then do another thing..." task is the correct way to do it.
Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1234
get the latest posts directly to your desktop