Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Height of events window & color of "event" days?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1234
TOPIC: Height of events window & color of "event" days?
Re:Height of events window & color of "event" days? 1 Year, 2 Months ago  
1. Unfortunatelly, it can not (no way) currently, unless to write a new script.
2. The default file format of alarm is standard wav or mp3, and it support any media file that your system can play directly, like mid file (note: no need 3rd party program to play).
3. If your Rainlendar was installed as a Portable installation, you can just copy the whole Rainlendar2 folder then save it to different computer.
- If your Rainlendar was installed as a Normal installation, recommand you use Backup/Restore function to do that.

Where is all the data stored?
By default the settings file (rainlendar2.ini) and the events/tasks (Default.ics) are stored in a folder called .rainlendar2 inside your home folder. The location depends on your operating system.
Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\[yourname]\.rainlendar2
Windows Vista & 7: C:\Users\[yourname]\.rainlendar2\
Linux: ~/.rainlendar2 or ~/.config/.rainlendar2
Mac OS X: ~/.rainlendar2
The ~ means your home folder. Note that the .rainlendar folder on Mac and Linux is a hidden so you need to show the hidden files before you can browse into it (On Mac you can also enter path to the Go to folder dialog to open the folder). If you are making manual changes (edit or delete it) to the rainlendar2.ini file make sure Rainlendar isn't running when you do that or your changes might get overwritten. If you are not able to quit Rainlendar normally for some reason you can use your operating system's task manager to kill the process.

Portable installation:
By default Rainlendar will store all the settings and events into your home folder
- Linux and Mac: ~/.rainlendar2/ or ~/.config/.rainlendar2/
- Windows: C:\Documents and Settings\{YourName}\.rainlendar2 or C:\Users\{YourName}\.rainlendar2.
If you want to install Rainlendar e.g. into a USB memory you can just create a empty text file called rainlendar2.ini and put it in the same folder where you installed Rainlendar.
Rainlendar will first try to look for the file in it's own folder and if that is found it will use that as its default folder for the settings and events.
Note that in Mac OS X the correct folder is inside the application package (Content/MacOS/rainlendar2.ini)

Backup and Restore:
To make a backup from your settings, events and tasks you can select the backup menu item from the manager's file menu.
The backup will create a zip archive from the necessary files which you can save to some safe place.
If something bad happens you can easily restore all the important stuff from the backup file.
Backup doesn't cover events and tasks from Outlook or from the network calendars like Google calendar.
Your skins and languages are not backed up either so you need to copy those manually or download them again from wherever you originally got them.
Note that when you restore files from a backup file the files will be overwritten. So all your settings, events and tasks will be reset to the ones that are inside the backup.
The backup contains absolute paths to the files so you can only restore it to the same computer or one that has all files in the same locations.
The backup file is a standard zip archive so you can also restore the files manually from it too.
It's not recommended to restore backup file which was created in a different operating system version of Rainlendar.
anoob
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male Location: TaiChung, Taiwan, R.O.C. Birthday: 02/12
The administrator has disabled public write access.
I couldn't speak English! This skin released to Customize.org(Do you want it? Click Picture) Please contact me if interested: jhg5702@gmail.com

Thanks! Now I'm all set and happy with the results.

I might deinstall the program, and reset it as portable, I've read about how to do it, but I'm a bit hazy. I can just run a portable version off the hard drive, right? So it would start on computer start-up and everything, right?
That would be the best way for me - set it up once, save it with distributives, and be done. Apparently I'm a creature of habit.
falzman
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2013/01/26 05:57 By falzman.

I can just run a portable version off the hard drive, right? Right !!

So it would start on computer start-up and everything, right? If you install as a Portable installation, it will not auto start when computer start-up, you need to set it by youself.
On Options - General, There is a option "Enable on startup", you can :
Uncheck it -> OK -> re-check it -> OK, then it can auto start when computer start-up.
And, If you copy it to different computer, on the new computer, you need to do above action once again.

anoob
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2013/03/07 11:38 By anoob.
I couldn't speak English! This skin released to Customize.org(Do you want it? Click Picture) Please contact me if interested: jhg5702@gmail.com

Re:Height of events window & color of "event" days? 1 Year, 1 Month ago  
I've got one more question:
How can I change the size of the fonts in task and even window? By default they're way too small.
Thank you!
falzman
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Although you can not change font size directly, it need to modify skin files, but you can go:
Options >> Advanced >> find "Font scale" (default is 100), then increase its values as you want (like: 120).
Attention!! Do this will affect the display of font on all windows.
anoob
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2013/03/07 11:37 By anoob.

Yes, I have tried that a while back (long before I even asked this last question), and discarded this option since it makes the main calendar window look very low-resolution & too large.
Is it too hard to do it the other way without having special software - by changing the main files?
falzman
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2013/03/09 12:30 By falzman.

Go to topPage: 1234
get the latest posts directly to your desktop