Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Calendar No Longer Works
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Calendar No Longer Works
Calendar No Longer Works 1 Year, 1 Month ago  
I had a monthly task that was working fine until this month. I had to cancel the task for June. Then it didn’t show up this month. I finally got it to show up, but then after I checked it off as complete, it started showing the next month’s task. All of the options were checked for not displaying cancelled or completed tasks and not displaying future tasks. I wound up accidentally marking the task for the next two months as complete and couldn’t undo it. So I went into the ICS file using Notepad and changed the completed date from September back to July.

Now even though my Personal calendar is marked as enabled, none of the events or the task are displayed.

I have tried disabling and re-enabling the calendar, refreshing, restarting Rainlendar. Nothing seems to work.

Update: I decided to check the encoding of my calendars. Some use foreign languages that require UTF-8 instead of ANSI, but they work. My personal calendar is in UTF-8 also. I thought I would compare a working calendar with my personal calendar to see what the difference would be.

I compared it to the Japanese Festival calendar which was working. I couldn’t see any reason why the one calendar would work and the other wouldn’t. Then I noticed an extra space in the Japanese calendar and removed it. When I closed the calendar and looked at Rainlendar, the Japanese festival dates disappeared.

This makes no sense to me.

Update 2: I just updated to 2.11 64bit. The calendars still don’t work.
White Phoenix
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2013/07/31 20:40 By White Phoenix.Reason: Updating problem
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Rainlendar Pro 2.11.1 (b129) 64 bit
Windows 7 Hm Prem SP1

Re:Calendar No Longer Works 1 Year, 1 Month ago  
So I went into the ICS file using Notepad and changed the completed date from September back to July.
Don't too believe Notepad, it only can save file as "Encode in UTF-8",
but the ics-file must be saved as "Encode in UTF-8 without BOM" (or "Encode in ANSI").
So suggest you use other editor to re-saved the file as "Encode in UTF-8 without BOM".
(I usually use "Notepad++", notepad-plus-plus.org/download/).
anoob
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male Location: TaiChung, Taiwan, R.O.C. Birthday: 02/12
The administrator has disabled public write access.
I couldn't speak English! This skin released to Customize.org(Do you want it? Click Picture) Please contact me if interested: jhg5702@gmail.com

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop