Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Syncing between Google Calendar and Outlook?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Syncing between Google Calendar and Outlook?
Syncing between Google Calendar and Outlook? 3 Months, 1 Week ago  
Hi,

I have been using the pro version for a long time. I usually use it to sync to google calendar. Then use Google Calendar Sync to sync it with my Outlook (institution based, not the free version) calendar. The only reason I am syncing the calendar is because for appointment purposes. I use to add events to Outlook, rarely. Only in cases where the email comes with a set date option, then I will add events there. So the Google Calendar Sync is syncing it all the time.

The problem is that Google Calendar Sync will stop working 1 August 2014. Is there a way for Rainlendar to sync to both calendars? If it is not possible, does anyone know how to sync between two calendars? I have heard of a software called gSyncit www.fieldstonsoftware.com/software/gsyncit3/

However, not sure how good it is. Is this the only option available?

Thanks
mystvearn
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Syncing between Google Calendar and Outlook? 3 Months, 1 Week ago  
It's not possible to sync two 3rd party calendars with Rainlendar. You need some synchronisation tool for that. I'm currently using OutlookGoogleSync to sync my work calendar into my Google Calendar. It's free but I think it works only one way.
Rainy
graph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user

Re: Syncing between Google Calendar and Outlook? 2 Months, 4 Weeks ago  
Thanks for the reply.

Is it possible to add multiple calendars in the event box of rainlendar? When you create an event, you can only choose one calendar. If you can choose multiple calendars, then technically it is syncing between calendars.

There is another software called gSyncit
mystvearn
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user

Re: Syncing between Google Calendar and Outlook? 2 Months, 2 Weeks ago  
You can if you enabled Options->Advanced->"Allow multiple calendars". You should note though that if a calendar generates its own identifier for the events (like Google and Outlook do) they will get duplicated.
Rainy
graph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop