Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Rainlendar2 v2.12.2.b138 and Debian Jessie
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Rainlendar2 v2.12.2.b138 and Debian Jessie
Rainlendar2 v2.12.2.b138 and Debian Jessie 2 Years, 8 Months ago  
Rainlendar2 currently will not run on Debian Jessie due to libjpeg8 unavailability in the Jessie repo. Hopefully, this is just a temporary issue.

I'm getting the following error message when attempting to run Rainlendar2 from terminal:

rainlendar2: error while loading shared libraries: libjpeg.so.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

20150326-01 edit: I haven't tested all prior versions of Rainlendar, but I'm thinking that no prior version of Rainlendar will work under Debian Jessie. I'm currently running Rainlendar v2.9.b111 under Debian Wheezy and libjpeg8 is used. Based on a thread I read earlier, libjpeg8 is to be replaced. Unfortunately, due to forum rules I'm not able to post external links yet.
rainman
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2015/03/26 16:24 By rainman.Reason: Add an update
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Rainlendar2 v2.12.2.b138 and Debian Jessie 2 Years, 7 Months ago  
Well, I was able to obtain a backported copy of libjpeg8 only to discover that Rainlender2 also relies on librtmp, which has been updated to librtmp1 in Debian Jessie. I guess I'll have to just wait for the release of Rainlendar2 v2.13.

Edit: Okay, I downloaded and installed v2.13.b143 Beta and it works fine on Debian Jessie if you have libjpeg8. I found the backported copy of libjpeg8 here.
rainman
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2015/05/10 00:18 By rainman.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop