Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

VERY DISSAPOINTED SO FAR...
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: VERY DISSAPOINTED SO FAR...
VERY DISSAPOINTED SO FAR... 1 Year, 11 Months ago  
Well I've just started to try using this software and so far it's just awful (sorry). It's incredibly un-intuitive and confusing. At least with google it was very easy to figure things out. For starters:

-why is the calendar displayed on top of all of my windows. it should only be displayed on the desktop. it's just plain stupid to have a calendar in the middle of the screen while I'm browsing the internet!

-how do I add new calendars? For example, a calendar of Canada's Holidays

-how do I change skins? I see a few skins listed, but it's impossible to figure out how to simply change it over.

-is there a way to restrict access to calendars. Some calendars are private, and not everyone should be able to read or edit them

A basic calendar should not be this confusing.
sleepless
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: VERY DISSAPOINTED SO FAR... 1 Year, 11 Months ago  
-why is the calendar displayed on top of all of my windows. it should only be displayed on the desktop. it's just plain stupid to have a calendar in the middle of the screen while I'm browsing the internet!
By default the calendar window works the same way as any other window in your system. If you click the calendar it will move in front of other windows and if you click a window behind the activated window will move in front of the calendar. You can change this behaviour from the options. You can e.g. set the position to "On bottom" to keep the calendar always behind other windows.

-how do I add new calendars? For example, a calendar of Canada's Holidays
You can do that from the Options->Calendars if you click the "Add..." button. Here are step by step instructions how to add new calendars and links to holiday calendar files for various countries: wiki.rainlendar.info/index.php?title=Holidays

-how do I change skins? I see a few skins listed, but it's impossible to figure out how to simply change it over.
If you go to Options->Skins you can see the list of skins which come with Rainlendar. To change the skins just select one of them and click Ok button to close the options dialog. Note that this works only if in the simple skin selection mode (which is the default). If you have enabled the advanced mode you need to move the selected skin windows from the available list to the active side with the arrow buttons.

-is there a way to restrict access to calendars. Some calendars are private, and not everyone should be able to read or edit them
You can hide the calendar from the context menu but it is not possible to password protect them (at least not easily). If you have private
content in your computer which you don't want other users to see you should consider using separate Windows accounts for different users.
Rainy
graph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop