Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Fonts become pixelated
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Fonts become pixelated
Fonts become pixelated 1 Year ago  
I have now used Soeima 1.4 skin for my calendars and they worked fine. Now, when I tried to update from Rainlendar 2.12 to 2.13, the font of the main calendar window is now pixelated and ugly.

How can I fix this? Aren't fonts supposed to be scalable? This pixelation must be a bug of some kind.

Strangely, I cannot find any update to Soeimas skins. I don't even know from where I got it in first place. I know that there is an old thread from 2009 about this skin in this forum.

Code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<skin version="1.0">
<window id="Calendar 960px" w="960" h="65" threshold="48" default="1">
<image element="color.bg" x1="0" y1="0" origin2="BOTTOM-RIGHT" x2="0" y2="0" />
<image element="color.white" x="90" y="5" w="2" h="50" />
<image element="color.gray" x="776" y="15" w="1" h="40" />

<button element="button.todos" x="3" y="5" action="Global_ToggleWindow(Todos)" />
<button element="button.events" x="25" y="5" action="Global_ToggleWindow(Events)" />
<button element="button.left" x="47" y="5" action="Global_ShowMonth(-1)" />
<button element="button.right" x="69" y="5" action="Global_ShowMonth(+1)" />

<month element="font.title" color="200, 200, 200, 255" x="96" y="5" align="TOP-LEFT"/>
<year element="font.year" color="120, 120, 120, 255" x="168" y="9" align="TOP-LEFT"/>

<calendar w="682" h="30" x="93" y="20" layout="HORIZONTAL" showmonth="0" keeptodayinplace="0" postshowcount="0" preshowcount="0">
<days>
<appearance priority="-1" element="font.days" color="200,200,200,255" align="CENTER"/>
</days>
<weekends>
<appearance priority="-1" element="font.weekend" color="120, 120, 120,255" align="CENTER" />
</weekends>
<events>
<appearance priority="1" element="font.events" color="255,211,89,255" align="CENTER" />
</events>
<today>
<appearance layer="101" element="bitmap.today" align="BOTTOM-CENTER" offset="0,1" />
</today>
<weekdays>
<appearance element="font.weekday" color="120, 120, 120,255" align="CENTER" />
</weekdays>
</calendar>

<calendar w="682" h="30" x="-594" y="20" layout="HORIZONTAL" showmonth="-1" keeptodayinplace="1" postshowcount="1" preshowcount="1">
<days>
<appearance priority="-1" element="font.days" color="200,200,200,255" align="CENTER"/>
</days>
<weekends>
<appearance priority="-1" element="font.weekend" color="120, 120, 120,255" align="CENTER" />
</weekends>
<events>
<appearance layer="100" element="font.events" color="255,211,89,255" align="CENTER" />
</events>
<today>
<appearance layer="101" element="bitmap.today" align="CENTER" />
</today>
<weekdays>
</weekdays>
</calendar>

<calendar w="682" h="30" x="780" y="20" layout="HORIZONTAL" showmonth="+1" keeptodayinplace="1" postshowcount="1" preshowcount="1">
<days>
</days>
<weekends>
</weekends>
<events>
<appearance layer="100" element="font.events" color="255,211,89,255" align="CENTER" />
</events>
<today>
<appearance layer="101" element="bitmap.today" align="CENTER" />
</today>
<weekdays>
</weekdays>
</calendar>

</window>
</skin>

So it seems like that it uses some kind of a "System default" font within Rainlendar rather than a font supplied in the skin package. Perhaps there is another font to use or some parameter to change to make it scale properly?

Perhaps this thread belongs in the support section? I leave that in the hands of the moderator.
bot
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2016/11/14 09:43 By bot.Reason: Added code for the skin
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Fonts become pixelated 1 Year ago  
You did not include the font definition. It's usually in the elements.xml file. Verify that you have the font in the system that the skin uses. You can also try to change it to some other font (e.g. Arial) and see if that helps.
Rainy
graph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user

Yes, I found the font definitions right after I made the post, they are in elements.xml and it looks like so:

Code:

<font id="font.normal" facename="Arial" size="8" />
    <font id="font.bold" facename="Arial" weight="BOLD" size="8" />

<font id="font.title" facename="Arial" size="10" weight="bold" />
<font id="font.month" facename="Arial" size="8" weight="bold" />
<font id="font.year" facename="Arial" size="6" />
<font id="font.weekend" facename="Arial" size="5" />
<font id="font.days" facename="Arial" size="7" />
<font id="font.events" facename="Arial" size="8" weight="bold" />
<font id="font.weekday" facename="Arial" size="5" />

<font id="font.alarm" facename="Arial" weight="BOLD" size="12" />

But still, it becomes pixelated. The font is scaled to 160 in the advanced settings but I don't see why that should lead to pixelization. The font is still a vector.

Otherwise I suppose I could try to double the font sizes and then change 160 to 80 but that could lead to other pixel rescale related artifacts.
bot
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

The fonts look fine to me. Can you attach a screenshot as well?
Rainy
graph

Re:Fonts become pixelated 1 Year ago  
Here it is...
bot
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Fonts become pixelated 1 Year ago  
The icons are pixelated too so you probably are scaling the window ("Scale" in the Windows->Settings->Calendar). If you want to keep using the scaling you can set the Options->Advanced->"Scaling quality" to High which gives better results but the numbers will still be blurry. For better result you should reset the window scale and edit the skin so that it uses bigger fonts and is drawn larger.
Rainy
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop