Error 403 from Google Calendar? Upgrade to the new Google Calendar support. See here for details. close
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

benefits of version 2??
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: benefits of version 2??
benefits of version 2?? 7 Years, 7 Months ago  
i have been a longtime user of the previous version of rainlendar. it is an incredible program. thank you, rainy!!
so, now version 2 is out. what are some impelling reasons for me to upgrade?? what are the improvements over version 1??
i have looked at it and as far as i can see, it is actually less practical and user friendly! rainy, am i missing something?
deckie49
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:benefits of version 2?? 7 Years, 7 Months ago  
I'd like to know this also. I'm perfectly happy with 0.22.1, everything works just great, including synchronization with my cellphone. So really great work indeed.
damokles
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

If you are happy with the old version I see no problems in using it. The main benefit from the new version for me is that since it's rewritten from scratch the code is much more easier to maintain than in the old version.
Rainy
graph

a totally valid reason, rainy!
so, in practical terms for the end user, does ver. 2 offer a smaller footprint than ver. 1? is it lighter on resources? or more stable?
i will probably stick with version 1 simply because i am more familiar with it. and especially because i find ver. 1 way easier to customize. the older i get, the more i appreciate the easy way of doing things.
deckie49
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

I don't know about the stability but Rainlendar2 has more features and is build over wxWidgets framework so it does require some more resources than the old version which uses the Win32 API directly.
Rainy
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop