Error 403 from Google Calendar? Upgrade to the new Google Calendar support. See here for details. close
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Holidays and fonts
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Holidays and fonts
Re:Holidays and fonts 7 Years, 7 Months ago  
Alf wrote:
Lunaray wrote:
Will these work on a PC? I don't have a Mac!
Yes, they will. iCal files aren't system related. Just try it.

Thanks Alf, I tried to download the file by clicking on it, but I got a "Page Cannot Be Displayed" error, so then I tried right-clicking it and choosing "Save Target As" and I got another error, can't remember what it said though.

But that's okay, I'm manually entering all the holidays and my personal dates (family birthdays, etc.) and I'm assuming that I can then save this as my personal "ics" file, is this correct?

Ray
Lunaray
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Lunaray wrote:
Thanks Alf, I tried to download the file by clicking on it, but I got a "Page Cannot Be Displayed" error, so then I tried right-clicking it and choosing "Save Target As" and I got another error, can't remember what it said though.Strange, it's working perfectly here. For what country do you want the holidays? Maybe I can put the direct link here.

But that's okay, I'm manually entering all the holidays and my personal dates (family birthdays, etc.)Use Recurrence to avoid muliple input for the same Holiday.

and I'm assuming that I can then save this as my personal "ics" file, is this correct?Yes, you can. E.g. a separate file for holidays, private stuff and business items. You can activate them in Rainlendar to see them all combined in one calender.
Alf
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Dutch translator of Rainlendar

Thanks again Alf, I'm in the USA!

I'm learning how to use all of the different parameters, i.e. reocurrences/monthly/yearly, categories, etc., so think I have it under control, unless I have trouble saving the file once I get a full year completed. If that happens, I'll be back with another post!

Ray
Lunaray
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Lunaray wrote:
Thanks again Alf, I'm in the USA!If you right-click on these links and choose 'Save as...' it should work.
US Holidays:
ical.mac.com/ical/US32Holidays.ics
Christian Holidays:
ical.mac.com/ical/Christian32Holidays.ics

...unless I have trouble saving the file once I get a full year completed.Then just add a couple and try to save the file (and read it in Rainlendar) before adding more...
Alf
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

I'm already back with another question! Where does my ".ics" file reside? I looked in all of the folders within the "Rainlendar2" folder, but I couldn't find it. I have my folder view setting to show hidden files, but I can't find it anywhere, so how do I save the file if I don't even know where it goes? I expected to be able to open it, then do a "Save As" using my own file name. I guess it doesn't work that way??

Thanks again!
Lunaray
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Lunaray wrote:
Where does my ".ics" file reside?
The default folder is:
Code:

C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\.rainlendar2\
Alf
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop