Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Show Many Months at once
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Show Many Months at once
Show Many Months at once 6 Years, 12 Months ago  
With version 1 I used to be able to show x months at a time. I used to like that as I could at a glance see if my months ahead are getting busy. Is this still possible ?

I've searched throught the options and the FAQ here but can't find a way of doing it.
cconnorcom
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Show Many Months at once 6 Years, 12 Months ago  
Never mind, just found the search forum option and now see it's at the top of the FAQ !
cconnorcom
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Show Many Months at once 4 Years, 11 Months ago  
I have just changed from Rainlendar 0.22 to 2.5 and have just hit this same issue.

Neither of the the suggestions in the FAQ are satisfactory: multiple separate calendars all require to have their options and locations set separately, which is distinctly inconvenient; while the 'vertical calendar' option of the 'Shadow4' skin (which presumably grew out of 'dual calendar') lacks the ability to 'offset' the current month (to include previous months), or to have the buttons to dynamically change the displayed months, or indeed several of the other options that can be set for an 'ordinary' calendar. I don't know how difficult it would be to add these options, and the ability to set the 'shape' of a multi-month calendar, but if that could be done it would largely resolve the issue.

But as the the ability to have a multi-month calendar (with previous, current and future months) on my desktop was a major positive feature of Rainlendar 0.22 I can't consider the move to 2.5 an upgrade - in fact the opposite.

As has been posted elsewhere
Rainlendar should add functionalities, not substitute them. I preferred ... the old version..
... so I am minded to upgrade back to 0.22
jeremygharrison
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

In the newer beta versions the Shadow4 skin includes a Grid Calendar window which allows you to choose how many months are shown vertically and horizontally. You can also choose the month offset for the window.
Rainy
graph

Many thanks. I've given the latest (2.5b81) a quick try - it does go a long way to resolving this issue, but lacks the standard calendar options 'Show Buttons', 'Show Week Numbers' (which is on by default - ok for me, but I'm sure not everybody), and 'Show adjacent days'; while the other option required for it is one to say for multi-row and column grids whether to list months horizontally (like a Z - as it does) or vertically (like a reverse N) first. Can these be added, please?

And two questions - (a) when is this likely to move on from beta status? and (b) to make use of this, do I just need to move the new Shadow4 skin to my 'Rainlendar2\Skins' folder, or do I need more?
jeremygharrison
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Personally I haven't found much use for the various layout options the old version had but they can certainly be implemented if there is enough demand for them.

If all goes as planned the next version will be released in a week or so. The Grid calendar requires functionality from the beta so it cannot be used with the Rainlendar 2.5.
Rainy
graph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop