Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

New User: Colours
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: New User: Colours
New User: Colours 7 Years, 5 Months ago  
Hi all.

I've just started using Rainlendar, and find it exactly what I wanted. I know it has a lot more capabilities than I am presently using.

What I am struggling to do is to have different colour icons for each category in my calendar. For example I would like a blue icon for an event in the Holiday category etc.

I'm pretty sure it's possible cos some of the screenshots i've seen have all different colour icons and also picture icons which indicate the category.

I just can't get mine to do the same. Am I missing something simple.

Cheers.
Chris.
chrisrobbo
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:New User: Colours 7 Years, 5 Months ago  
Hi,

I don't know if this is what You need but changing colours, at least in default Shadow4 skin, can be done in two ways. Both of which require You to unzip the skin file (.r2skin) first.

Now You can start
1. Editing image files to change their colour - which is kinda 'brute force' solution so why not try:
2a. Saving changed images as new and then
2b. Editing xml files to define new elements and use them as needed

In elements.xml You'll find definitions for different elements (numbers, icons, fonts). You can edit existing ones or add new based on what is there. Then just add them to the specific window (calendar, todolist or whatever).

Also look here:
http://www.rainlendar.net/cms/index.php?option=com_joomlaboard&Itemid=27&func=view&id=300&catid=3

Post edited by: Eli, at: 2006/11/08 13:07<br><br>Post edited by: Eli, at: 2006/11/08 13:11
Eli
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:New User: Colours 7 Years, 5 Months ago  
As Eli said, you will need to edit the skin to have customized event colorings.

However if you are just wanted those that appear in the screenshot on the main page, you will just need to sellect the correct category for it to use it.
he_the_great
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Nascent hethegreat

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop