Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Add M.Outlook 2007 calendar freezes latest build
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Add M.Outlook 2007 calendar freezes latest build
Add M.Outlook 2007 calendar freezes latest build 6 Years, 8 Months ago  
Background: Outlook 2007, Rainlendar 2.3 Pro, Plugins beta54, windows xp

Not sure if this is a bug or just my copy, but I'm unable to add a microsoft outlook 2007 calendar to my rainlendar.

options --> calendar --> add calendar --> microsoft outlook

click next and the program freezes up

The screen shows a create new calendar and that's about it.

The program doesn't crash per se so there is nothing in the drwatson32 or log file for the program and I did try running it with the debug rainlendar as suggested in the bug forum, but nothing.

I know Rainy said he doesn't use outlook 2007 so if anyone found a resolution to this problem I would appreciate it.

Or if I'm the only one experiencing this... maybe I have to uninstall and reinstall the program so any info from others would be appreciated!

Cheers!
Dynomite
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2008/02/20 15:57 By Dynomite.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Add M.Outlook 2007 calendar freezes latest build 6 Years, 8 Months ago  
It seems that my outlook file was a little to large for rainlendar to handle as I placed rainlendar on a different system and it worked well with outlook 2007.

Resolution: have outlook connect with schedule world and utilize rainlendar with google to schedule world. The only flaw here is that rainlendar's todo list is not syncable to outlook this way. that's the closest work-around I got.

Cheers to Rainy and rainlendar!
Dynomite
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Add M.Outlook 2007 calendar freezes latest buil 6 Years, 8 Months ago  
Hi!

I've had the same problem on my computer since installing Office Suite 2007 SP1.
Rainlendar (Debug) freezes as described with the following line in the log: "DEBUG: Microsoft Outlook: GetMessageStores: Scanning for profile: Outlook."

My work-around was changing the rainlendar2.ini file manually. Luckily, I had backed up an older copy that included an Outlook calendar I had later deleted, so I had the information required.

In Outlook, I had to add a new profile with the calendar for Rainlendar's use. Even now, although I can see both the Outlook and Rainlendar profiles listed in the Outlook calendar settings under Rainlendar's Options->Calendars, clicking on the Outlook profile to choose it, freezes Rainlendar in the same way described.

Strangely enough, the default Outlook profile's MessageStore ("Personal Folders") is listed in the settings in Rainlendar's Options, and I can choose it without any problems, leaving the Outlook profile listed as Rainlendar's.

I hope this more detailed accounting can help Rainy figure out where the problem begins.

Thank you!
crm152
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Add M.Outlook 2007 calendar freezes latest buil 6 Years, 8 Months ago  
There shouldn't be anything in Rainlendar's code which would cause the freezing in that situation. Actually there are just three function calls to the MAPI between the "Scanning for profile" and the next log message so I suspect that it's one of those which never returns for some reason. If that's the case there probably isn't anything I can do about it since I cannot debug Microsoft's code.
Rainy
graph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop