Error 403 from Google Calendar? Upgrade to the new Google Calendar support. See here for details. close
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Synchronizing Rainlendar
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Synchronizing Rainlendar
Synchronizing Rainlendar 6 Years, 9 Months ago  
Alright, I don't know how many of you run into this problem but I am starting to. On my computer, I am running Leopard, Windows, and Kubuntu. I want to have Rainlendar on all three (hence my push for Rainledar2 on mac, thanks Rainy!), but I don't want them to be out of sync.

So, I don't know if it can easily be done already, but it would be really useful if Rainlendar could synchronize itself between OS's. I don't know if it would be better for it to just try and access data from one another, or have an internet database to access it from (EG, Foxmarks for Firefox). Just an idea, and if it can be done already let me know!
Wayfarer
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male OmniTech Blog ethanmski Location: United States Birthday: 02/16
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Synchronizing Rainlendar 6 Years, 9 Months ago  
Probably the easiest way to do it is to store the event file to some location where all operating systems can read and write. You specify the location from the Options->Calendars (Select the Default calendar and change the Filename field). Another option is to store the events to a network server and use the Network Shared Calendar plugin to keep the calendars in sync.
Rainy
graph

Re:Synchronizing Rainlendar 6 Years, 9 Months ago  
No, the first option you posted should work fine. Excellent, that is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!!! Now I just need Rainlendar on my Mac... heheeh... keep up the work on it! I'm always here for testing.
Wayfarer
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male OmniTech Blog ethanmski Location: United States Birthday: 02/16

Re:Synchronizing Rainlendar 6 Years, 3 Months ago  
How can I synchronize Rainlendar with its previous version? I have three config files "events", "todo", "rainlendar". So how can I export them to the newest version that uses outlook format? Thnx.
mishanichka
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Synchronizing Rainlendar 6 Years, 3 Months ago  
If you previously used Rainlendar version 0.22.1 you can import the Events.ini and Todo.ini with the new version (in Manager window File->Import->Rainlendar Ini-Format).
Rainy
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop