Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Rainlendar Pro and Windows HomeServer
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Rainlendar Pro and Windows HomeServer
Rainlendar Pro and Windows HomeServer 6 Years, 4 Months ago  
Hello All

I've installed Windows Home Server. Has anyone installed the Pro version of Rainlendar on Home Server? I sure could use some help installing it as I don't have much server experience.

Thanks Alot

Lane
Mr_Grump
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Rainlendar Pro and Windows HomeServer 6 Years, 4 Months ago  
If you want to share the events through the Windows Home Server you need to enable the webdav support in its web server. I don't have the Home Server but Google found this article which might be helpful:

ihatelinux.blogspot.com/2007/11/new-home-server-add-in-web-folders-4.html
Rainy
graph

Thanks Rainy

I purchased the Pro version and installed it. Looking through the Options list, I don't see anything different. I'm thinking something may have went wrong with the install of Pro.

I ran the uninstall for the Lite version and got an error stating it was unable to remove it. I deleted the Programs folder and installed the Pro version, and the Pro license as well. Looking through the options, I don't see a method to point to the location of the server shared folder.

Suggestions?

Thanks

Lane
Mr_Grump
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Never mind.... Dumb mistake. Looks like it's working fine.

Thanks Rainy
Mr_Grump
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

For those wishing to share Rainlendar Pro events across your LAN using Windows Home Server, it's easy. There may be better ways of doing this but this worked for me.

1. From a client computer, open Home Server's Console and create a new shared folder. Give your users Full access to the folder to allow them to add/modify calendar events. You could use a folder you already have but I wanted to restrict my users (family) to just one folder.

2. Install Rainlendar Pro on your clients and activate the Pro license.

3. Create an event in Rainlendar just to have something to use for testing

4. Locate the iCalendar events file, default.ics, on your client computer and copy the file to the shared folder you just created above on Home Server.

4. Open the 'Options' menu in Rainlendar, click the Calendars button, click 'default' calendar.

5. In the iCalendar Format pane, click in the Filename row and browse to the shared default.ics file in your Windows Home Server shared folder you created above. Mine is \\Server\Rainlendar\default.ics

6. Set the Monitor Changes to True to allow changes and updates made by the clients to show up on everyones calendars.

7. Save settings and Refresh the Rainlendar calendar on your desktop. If all went well, the test event you entered above should now show up in your clients calendars.

8. Install Rainlendar Pro on your other clients and do steps 4 thru 7 above.

It's not necessary to install Rainlendar Pro on Homeserver. Hope this helps you out. It was easy to share events. I was just making difficult.

Good Luck
Mr_Grump
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2008/04/02 12:34 By Mr_Grump.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop