Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Event Default Weekly Repeat Issue
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Event Default Weekly Repeat Issue
Event Default Weekly Repeat Issue 7 Years, 5 Months ago  
If you create a weekly repeating event, it defaults to the currently selected day as the day to repeat. Ok so far, but it's geyed out, and you can't change it. This requires you move to the weekeday you want to repeat on, then create the event. This is a symptom of the mouse-driven paradigm for Rainlendar, and I imagine this is sufficient for many people. I, on the other hand, do a lot of typing - documents, help, emails, terminal sessions - and I'd like to be able to create an event from the keyboard. I have figured out, and posted to another thread, the lua code to enable adding a hotkey for this, but if I'm creating a weekly repeating event, I now have to go to the calendar window, select the correct day of the week, then create the event using the mouse. I just want the default day to be editable.<br><br>Post edited by: CareyB, at: 2006/11/11 14:18
CareyB
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.
I'm willing to put up with you, if you're willing to put up with me.

Re:Event Default Weekly Repeat Issue 7 Years, 5 Months ago  
Yes, it does limit that keyboard usage somewhat but it's also easier just to disable the selected day than to implement all the logic and special cases that must be handled if all days could be (un)checked. So, at least for now you need to change the start date first before you make changes to the recurrence.
Rainy
graph

Interesting... I tried that, and now I'm reporting a bug.

BUG
If you create an event, then set the start date to something other than what it defaulted to, then set a weekly repeat, you'll see that the start date is changed, but the default selected date is still selected, and still greyed out. In other words, whatever you want, the default date is always selected, and not editable.

Original problem is that it's greyed out, and unchangable. That a default is selected is great.
CareyB
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
I'm willing to put up with you, if you're willing to put up with me.

I double clicked on 20th of Nov (Monday), changed the start date to 22th, changed the tab and switched to weekly recurrence. The result was that Mon and Wed were both checked and Wed was disabled.

In this case Wednesday should be disabled since it's the start date. The reason why Monday was also checked is that it was the day the event was originally created. The weekday checkboxes cannot be unchecked when the user makes changes to the start date since the user could have checked the weekday box explicitly.
Rainy
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop