Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Installing language
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Installing language
Installing language 5 Years, 5 Months ago  
Hi,

I have problems adding the German language in Rainlendar 2.4 (b64) Lite, in Kubuntu 8.10 (KDE 4.2).

It doesn't work with drag and drop, so I have unpacked the .r2lang file into the rainlendar2/locale directory and restarted Rainlendar, but when I choose in option the German language and press OK, nothing happens. When I start Rainlendar with --debug I can see the message "Error: Cannot set locale to 'de_DE'." and nothing more.

Also the option Position, On Desktop doesn't work, it is like On Top, which is the expected behavior?

Why does Rainlendar save it's config options in ~/.config/.rainlendar2 ? Why is that folder (.config/.rainlendar2) hidden, that is not standard. Could this be changed in a next release?

And a last question, the Railendar's Tray icon in KDE 4.2 has a white more or less big border around the blue background of the date number, this is with the default Chromophore skin. Is this a bug, can it be corrected?
http://imagebin.ca/view/VVu-sM.html

Thanks
Götz
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Birthday: 02/03
The administrator has disabled public write access.
What I hear, I forget. What I say, I remember. What I do, I understand. -Laozi/Confucius

Re:Installing language 5 Years, 5 Months ago  
Did you install the Linux DEB (64-bit)? You could download Rainlendar 2.4 build 69 from Forum-Beta Versions.

Joerg

P.S. In my opinion is the name of the downloadfile --> rainlendar2-lite_2.4.b64-1_i386.deb == beta64 and not 64bit!

P.P.S. If you don't need 64-bit, you could try the Beta build 70

P.P.P.S Show thise thread --> http://www.rainlendar.net/cms/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=36&func=view&id=3199&catid=5#3199 for Cannot set locale to 'de_DE'
sausi
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2009/01/27 04:04 By sausi.

Hi,

Thank you for you help sausi. I have never used the 64 bit version, it was build 64.

But now I have a fresh install of Kubuntu 8.10 amd64 version with Rainlendar2 b71 64 bit witch works very well. (b70 has had problems with refreshing and the tray icon)

http://www.rainlendar.net/cms/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=36&func=view&id=8726&catid=7

I have also the German language pack installed and now the rainlendar's translation works.

Now the only problem is that the On Desktop option doesn't work, it acts like On Top. But that is not so a big problem

The only thing I don't understand is why Rainlendar2 uses the ~/.config/.rainlendar2 with a hidden directory for rainlendar, no other program hides its config directory.
Götz
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
What I hear, I forget. What I say, I remember. What I do, I understand. -Laozi/Confucius

The only thing I don't understand is why Rainlendar2 uses the ~/.config/.rainlendar2 with a hidden directory for rainlendar, no other program hides its config directory.

also vlc, audacious, last.fm e.g. needs this folder
sausi
Gold Boarder
graphgraph

I don't mean the folder .config which is the freedesktop.org recommendation, I'm speaking about the folder .rainlendar2 which is a hidden folder (the only) inside .config

vlc, audacious, last.fm are not hidden folders, only .rainlendar2
Götz
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Installing language 5 Years ago  
I'm still curious why the hidden .rainlendar2 file is used instead of a non-hidden config file.

Also, what is the component that has this problem, I think it is not Rainlendar fault, but something that is uses, that makes that ugly non-transparent background in the tray icon. http://imagebin.ca/view/VVu-sM.html
Götz
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop