Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

(SOLVED) How to merge 2 backup files?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: (SOLVED) How to merge 2 backup files?
Re: How to merge 2 backup files? 6 Months, 2 Weeks ago  
The categories.ini file just contains the category customizations so it should not affect which tasks are shown. But good that you got your tasks back in any case.

The exported ics files use UTF-8 which is unicode encoding.
Rainy
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: How to merge 2 backup files? 6 Months, 2 Weeks ago  
Hi Rainy,

Thanx for your help.

Talking about Unicode, ok, UTF-8 or whatever is a unicode, as Unicode big endian is unicode, too.
But I am talking about that Unicode (no extra letters or numbers in it's name)
Unicode alone.

This mode allows me to export and import my tasks into my schedule (EssentialPIM) with all the accents used in Portuguese, without signs, "?", "@" Instead.

Oh, BTW, I bought EssentialPIM just because Rainlendar probably have many extra programing lines that make it too slow to work all day waiting about 3 to 4 minutes after every "ok" I click on it...
...believe me, I used to suffer this "nightmare" since 2009, as far as I remember.

But I am NOT throwing Rainlendar away!
Now I have two task reminders to manage...
...'cause I really like Rainlendar.
marcelo.betel
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2014/01/08 11:20 By marcelo.betel.

Re: How to merge 2 backup files? 6 Months, 1 Week ago  
The "Unicode" in that list actually means UTF-16 (i.e. 16 bit Unicode encoding). I'm not sure why Microsoft uses the word "Unicode" in Notepad but it is really confusing. Anyway, there are couple of reasons why Rainlendar does not use UTF-16: it doubles the file size and the iCalendar standard defines UTF-8 as the preferred encoding.
Rainy
graph

Ok, Rainy.

Thanx for the explanation.

Talking about the lagging after every change made and the OK is clicked, I could observe that first, the "ToDo" window takes about 4 senconds to close, then, about half a minute to see some alarm window changes, then after more 40 about seconds it disappears, then the "wait" wheel from Windows appears and after more 1 or 2 minutes the Rainlendar windows (manager, alarm, event) seems to be ready to roll but, then after 5 or 6 seconds, the event list window disapperas again and the Windows "wait" wheel comes back, then after one or 2 minutes the program allow me to continue my updating data aditions...

Now I am at home with a better machine and it was reduced to 1 and 1/2 minute, top.
But still a real stone on the path...
marcelo.betel
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Can you run Rainlendar in the debug mode and send the debug log to me (use the Rainlendar's support address and include a link to this forum post)? I can try to check why things are so slow. In normal case any action you make should not take more than few seconds.
Rainy
graph

Hi Rainy,

I don't know how to run in debug mode.
The only .exe in Rainlendar folder that i could find is the program executable itself (Rainlendar 2.12 beta).
marcelo.betel
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 123
get the latest posts directly to your desktop