Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Best method to import entries to google when upgr.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Best method to import entries to google when upgr.
Best method to import entries to google when upgr. 4 Years, 4 Months ago  
Hey there,

I upgraded to the pro version and now I'm wondering whats the best method to upload all entries of the calendr to google. When I upload the ics file directly to google, all categories get lost.

That makes me confused a little bit: Google Calendar doesn't support categories!? But how can they be added in rainlendar than, when they aren't stored in google? I can ADD categories in rainlendar locally...

One more thing I'm wondering currently: When I add an date for a recurring event to the exception list, the entry stays as it is and the exception is being added, but online, the start-date of the event is changed in google calendar because obviously, google:calendar doesn't support exceptions for recurring events. So now I'm wondering, how to add exceptions in google calendar online, how are they synced to rainlendar than?

Do I have to move the start-date, too? But what, if I want to add a exception in the middle and not the next occurence?

Thanks so far!
yoodilo
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Best method to import entries to google when upgr. 4 Years, 4 Months ago  
Google doesn't support categories so if you want to preserve them you need to use the Event->"Copy To..." feature in the Rainlendar's manager dialog. Rainlendar will write the category information as a private attribute for the Google calendar's events.

Google does support exceptions for recurring events. If you delete a recurring event you get a question wether to delete just the single instance (i.e. create an exception) or full event. This should work both ways but if it doesn't just give details how to reproduce the problem and I'll take a look at it.
Rainy
graph

Re:Best method to import entries to google when upgr. 4 Years, 4 Months ago  
Okay thanks so far.
When I get some errors on some events, something like "failed to process recurrence rule", I don't know which event it is about so I can't check the event if it's saved on google like I want it to ... Is there any detailled log so I could check it? thanks!

edit: and "there are no entries which follow the recurrence rule" or something like that ... don't know which entries are affected
yoodilo
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2010/06/21 06:51 By yoodilo.

Re:Best method to import entries to google when upgr. 4 Years, 4 Months ago  
The log might contain some more details about the problem but probably nothing which helps to find out the offending event. You can try to transfer the recurring events in small batches to find out the one which causes the error.
Rainy
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop