Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Problems with Shared Network Calendar
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Problems with Shared Network Calendar
Problems with Shared Network Calendar 7 Years, 9 Months ago  
I wanted to pull the info from my google calendar into rainlendar, so I followed the instructions for that. First, I'd installed rainlendar2 using the data from my old rainlendar, and I ended up with multiple double entries. Every time I tried deleting one from rainlendar, I got an error message saying I couldn't access the online calendar (or something to that effect). The constant error messages were annoying. Then I tried uninstalling rainlendar and reinstalling it without using the old info, and then creating a shared network calendar to pull the data into rainlendar. But I don't want to keep it as a shared network calendar because those error messages are such a pain. How can I save the events from the shared network calendar I created to the default calendar, and then get rid of the shared network calendar? I just want to get all my dates back and running, if possible. This "almost-syncing" is too much of an annoyance.

Oh, another odd thing: When rainlendar pulled my information from my google calendar, it set all the times an hour later than they're supposed to be. I guess I'll have to change all that manually: another pain.

Is there any way I can deal with these problems?

Thanks!
SShap
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Problems with Shared Network Calendar 7 Years, 9 Months ago  
You can get rid of the errors if you set the "Suppress errors" to true in the network calendar's settings.

You can export the events from the Manager dialog and import them back to your local calendar.

It looks like Google has changed the way the start and end time is defined in the ics-file so they are not shown correctly anymore in Rainlendar. I'll have to fix that for the next version.
Rainy
graph

Re:Problems with Shared Network Calendar 7 Years, 9 Months ago  
Rainy wrote:
You can get rid of the errors if you set the "Suppress errors" to true in the network calendar's settings.

You can export the events from the Manager dialog and import them back to your local calendar.

It looks like Google has changed the way the start and end time is defined in the ics-file so they are not shown correctly anymore in Rainlendar. I'll have to fix that for the next version.

I tried exporting from Manager and then importing back, but it didn't work; I don't remember how I did it or what didn't work, I confess.

The time thing was weird: Almost every event showed up in Rainlendar as starting an hour later--but for most of them (but not all!), when I went in to edit the event to fix it, the correct time was in there, and when I exited the edit, it corrected itself. Very strange.

Rainlendar is without a doubt the best calendar program I've found: I absolutely love it. I just wish I had an easy way to access it from both my desktop and my laptop (not to mention get the info into my Clie, but that's a totally different problem...). I'll keep using Rainlendar, especially as I don't want to rely on a web-based calendar (I want to be able to access my calendar if the network goes down; Google desktop allows this, I think, but I *hate* the way it's designed). Thanks for all your hard work on Rainlendar, and I hope you can keep improving it!
SShap
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop