Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

How to edit Shadow4 skin for a solid background?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: How to edit Shadow4 skin for a solid background?
Re:How to edit Shadow4 skin for a solid background? 3 Years, 7 Months ago  
I think your mean is: completely opaque background
so, try this

1)Add codes below <window ...> in "calendar.xml"
Code:

<image element="solid.black" x="0" y="0" w="%Calendar_width%" h="%Calendar_height%" />

2)Add codes below <elements> in "elements.xml"
Code:

<solid id="solid.black" color="0,0,0" />
anoob
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male Location: TaiChung, Taiwan, R.O.C. Birthday: 02/12
The administrator has disabled public write access.
I couldn't speak English! This skin released to Customize.org(Do you want it? Click Picture) Please contact me if interested: jhg5702@gmail.com

I appreciate the help from you both and I tried both your solutions but can seem to get this simple task to work. Maybe I was unclear (like anoob said) at what I was trying to get at. I want a solid black opaque background color to the calendar window. This is the problem I am having:

Ok so as you can see, I have Rainlenar2 on top of Notepad. The 'Calendar' window has no background to it while the 'Events' window has a background to it. When I try to click anywhere is the 'Calendar' window that is not a number or letter (like between the number 3 and 4), it clicks right through to whatever is behind the app.

What I'm trying to get is something like this:

Rainy wrote:
Can you attach your modified calendar.xml file?

The element="bitmap.background" refers to an image file which is defined in the elements.xml.

Here is my calendar.xml following your steps, hopefully I didnt make any stupid mistakes since it was just a copy and paste

Code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<skin version="1.0">
  <window id="Calendar" w="165" threshold="48" default="1">
    <image id="Calendar.background" element="bitmap.background" x1="0" y1="0" origin1="TOP-LEFT" x2="0" y2="0" origin2="BOTTOM-RIGHT" scaling="TILE" margins="10,10,10,10" />    <month id="Calendar.month" element="bitmap.months" x="20" y="0" w="125" h="20" align="TOP-CENTER" showmonth="%Visible_month%" />
    <year id="Calendar.year" element="bitmap.numbers.white.small" origin="TOP-RIGHT" x="0" y="155" align="BOTTOM-RIGHT" showmonth="%Visible_month%" />
    <button id="Calendar.button.prev" visible="%Show_buttons%" element="button.arrow.left" x="0" y="2" action="Global_ShowMonth(-1)" />
    <button id="Calendar.button.next" visible="%Show_buttons%" element="button.arrow.right" origin="TOP-RIGHT" x="-20" y="2" action="Global_ShowMonth(+1)" />

<calendar id="Calendar.calendar" x="0" y="20" w="160" h="120" layout="GRID" showmonth="%Visible_month%" keeptodayinplace="0" postshowcount="0" preshowcount="0">
      <days>
        <appearance priority="-1" element="bitmap.numbers.white" align="CENTER" />
      </days>
      <weekends>
        <appearance priority="-1" element="bitmap.numbers.pink" align="CENTER" />
      </weekends>
      <exdays showpreexdays="%Show_adjacent_days%" showpostexdays="%Show_adjacent_days%">
        <appearance priority="-1" element="bitmap.numbers.lt.grey" align="CENTER" />
      </exdays>
      <exweekends>
        <appearance priority="-1" element="bitmap.numbers.lt.pink" align="CENTER" />
      </exweekends>
      <events>
        <appearance priority="0" element="bitmap.numbers.blue" align="CENTER" />
      </events>
      <today>
        <appearance layer="10" element="bitmap.today.%Today_shape%" align="CENTER" />
      </today>
      <weeknums>
        <appearance visible="%Show_week_numbers%" element="bitmap.numbers.white.small" align="CENTER" />
      </weeknums>
      <weekdays>
        <appearance element="bitmap.days" align="CENTER" />
      </weekdays>
    </calendar>

</window>
</skin>

anoob wrote:
I think your mean is: completely opaque background
so, try this...

I tried your way too using the original calendar.xml but the background is still transparent in terms of you could still see through it and you can still click through it to whatever is in the background
indolence
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

OK, I attach the calendar.xml and elements.xml
You can try it
File Attachment:
File Name: Skin.zip
File Size: 5394
anoob
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male Location: TaiChung, Taiwan, R.O.C. Birthday: 02/12
Last Edit: 2011/06/14 02:59 By anoob.
I couldn't speak English! This skin released to Customize.org(Do you want it? Click Picture) Please contact me if interested: jhg5702@gmail.com

Thanks! that did the trick! Thanks you Rainy and anoob for all the help. Lol I might have been really annoying about it but thanks you guys for sticking with me!

On a side note: I redownloaded the program just to start of fresh. My Weekends are colored pink but I want it how I had it before with all the numbers white. I went through the Advanced and Skin options but I cant remember how! Can someone tell me where to change this again?

Do not want "pink" weekend colors:

Maybe I keep missing it in the options because its really late where I am and I'm really tired lol
indolence
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2011/01/25 03:32 By indolence.

To hide weekend days:
Right click -> options -> advanced -> General -> Weekend days -> (Uncheck all)
Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male My Rainlendar Skins Location: Argentina Birthday: 03/15
Last Edit: 2011/01/25 10:25 By Jorge_Luis.

Jorge_Luis wrote:
To hide weekend days:
Right click -> options -> advanced -> General -> Weekend days -> (Uncheck all)

thanks!
indolence
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop