Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

How to remove the calendar name from entries?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: How to remove the calendar name from entries?
How to remove the calendar name from entries? 3 Years, 6 Months ago  
My tooltips and events always show the name of the calendar category in brackets (e.g. [Default]).

i55.tinypic.com/2iv0egy.png[/img]

I want to remove it from the entries since it's a little distracting. (I deleted the Default and made a new one with just space for its name, thinking it would work.) I can't seem to find the option to do this, though. How do I do this?

Another question. I know you can edit an .r2skin file by changing its extension to .zip and back to .r2skin. I've tried doing this countless times but I always get the error: Unable to install the skin! The skin doesn't contain the "skin.xml" file... I've made sure that it's in .zip format. When I uncompress the .zip file, I end up with the main folder, with 3 sub-folders (images, scripts, xml), and the skin.xml file. Am I doing something wrong?
dyancuevas
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: How to remove the calendar name from entries? 3 Years, 6 Months ago  
a)Remove the calendar name:
RightClick > Options > Advanced > Find 'EventList' section > Uncheck 'Show event calendar' > OK

b)Rainlendar's help-file wrote:
"How can I create new skins?
You can find skin format documentation from the Rainlendar's help file. It also contains a step by step tutorial for making a simple xml-format skin.
One possibility is to look at one of the existing Rainlendar skins and see how it's made. Rainlendar2 skin (.r2skin) is just a normal zip archive with different file extension so you can uncompress it after renaming the extension back to .zip. The archive contains few xml files and the resources (images, scripts, ...). The skin.xml file must be in the root of the archive so make sure that when you are zipping the archive after modifications that it doesn't contain any extra folders. During skin development you can also just unzip the archive into Rainlendar's skins-folder. This way you don't have to zip it again after each change."

So, the .r2skin file must look like:
anoob
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male Location: TaiChung, Taiwan, R.O.C. Birthday: 02/12
Last Edit: 2011/03/07 11:04 By anoob.
I couldn't speak English! This skin released to Customize.org(Do you want it? Click Picture) Please contact me if interested: jhg5702@gmail.com

Re:How to remove the calendar name from entries? 3 Years, 6 Months ago  
Thanks anoob! The eventlist thing worked.

Yes, I came across that information too and the folders all seem correct to me. Like I previously said, under the main folder are 3 sub-folders and the skin.xml file and no other. Even after converting it to .zip (yes, I'm sure it's .zip 'coz my Mac only compresses in .zip) and back to .r2skin without altering anything, it still won't work! I have no idea where to go from here.
dyancuevas
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Maybe, because you had modify the skin.xml file, and did something wrong.
Can you attach your xml.skin file or post it's content? then i can check it.
Or, you can mail the whole skin file to my e-mail(see my signature), let me try it.
anoob
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
I couldn't speak English! This skin released to Customize.org(Do you want it? Click Picture) Please contact me if interested: jhg5702@gmail.com

Nope, I didn't even touch the skin.xml. All I did was change the names of the icons in the images folder 'coz I wanted to assign different events to certain colors than what the original ones were assigned to. (Eg. Originally, the red icon was for Birthdays, but I changed it to Exams.)

I've emailed you the file. Thanks for all the patience!
dyancuevas
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2011/03/08 20:52 By dyancuevas.

I have read your file, I think you may still do not understand the structure of .r2skin. Or when you compress, some mistakes happen, caused the structure of your .r2skin file is not correct. I re-compressed it, and in my computer it is working properly (although I use WinXP, but the skin-file should be the same). I send it back to you, you can try again.
anoob
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop