Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Problems with Categories
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Problems with Categories
Problems with Categories 3 Years, 4 Months ago  
When trying to edit Categories an error message box tells me that this is not possible because the XYZ skin does not support custom categories.

1. So, how can I make the XYZ skin support custom categories?

2. I have Rainlendar using windows from different skins. So, to which skin do customized categories apply to? To all or to specific skins?

3. I admit that the categories in Rainlendar do confuse me: Some of my customized categories are displayed twice in the Categories list and when I delete one of them both are deleted! is this a bug?

4. I use a German Rainlendar localization. How do the customized categories work in relation to the internal English categories?
PeterPanino
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Problems with Categories 3 Years, 4 Months ago  
1. You need to add the <template> section under the skin's <categories> section.
2. The categories are read and set to the skin which belongs to the first item in the active skin list (usually it's the alarm).
3. There should not be any duplicates so it's a bug. Are you able to give me steps how I can reproduce the problem?
4. Rainlendar tries to map the translated category names always to the English names since the skins define the appearance only for the English versions. This shouldn't be visible to the end user though.
Rainy
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop