Error 403 from Google Calendar? Upgrade to the new Google Calendar support. See here for details. close
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Which Backup File?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Which Backup File?
Which Backup File? 7 Years, 11 Months ago  
A couple of questions:
1) My desktop was out of commission for a few weeks, so during that time I relied on Google Calendar on my laptop. I've just gotten the desktop up and running again. In order to update Rainlendar, I created a shared network calendar and imported from Google. No problem. But now, suppose I want to stop checking back with Google and use Rainlendar exclusively. How do I switch to the default calendar (or do I need to?) and keep the updated events?

2) It seems to me that if I either email my Rainlendar backup file to myself or copy it to a portable storage device of some sort, I should be able to use Rainlendar on my laptop, a well, by using that backup file to "sync" with the Rainlendar program on my laptop (if that made any sense). But which file would I use for this? I see a bunch of .ics files on my hard drive, and I'm not sure which to copy.

Thanks for the help!
SShap
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Which Backup File? 7 Years, 11 Months ago  
1) You can go to the Manager and export the updated events to a file. Then just import the file back to Rainlendar into the Default calendar.

2) Go to Options->Calendar, select the calendar and you can see the path to the ics-file in the Filename field. Other way is to export and import the events. If the identifiers of the events are the same (like they should be) importing the same events multiple times won't create duplicates since Rainlendar notices that the events are already in the calendar.
Rainy
graph

Re:Which Backup File? 7 Years, 11 Months ago  
Thank you. I will try both.
SShap
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop