Error 403 from Google Calendar? Upgrade to the new Google Calendar support. See here for details. close
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

desktop doesn't refresh leaving ghost window
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: desktop doesn't refresh leaving ghost window
desktop doesn't refresh leaving ghost window 3 Years, 2 Months ago  
I'm having odd behavior and curious if anyone else has seen it. I have 5 calendars stacked top to bottom on the right side of my desktop. Their position in the general options is on the desktop. Occasionally when I close or minimize a window that was over the calendars, there's a ghost of the original window where it covered the calendars. The ghost is only where it overlapped the calendars, not the entire desktop. Sometimes it's not a ghost of the original window but a hole where it overlapped (i.e. I see a the desktop where it overlapped looking like there's a bite out of the calendars). I noticed this mostly with Firefox. Previously when launching Rainlendar, I'd see a white background behind my calendars instead of being transparent, but that has gone away by upgrading Rainlendar to the latest version. Whenever any of these problems happen, I can refresh the desktop to fix the problem. I've upgraded my video driver and that hasn't had any impact. I'm running Windows 7 64 bit. I can't figure it out if it's a Rainlendar problem or Windows. I have no other refresh problems. It's only with Rainlendar. Has anyone else seen this problem?
dkump
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: desktop doesn't refresh leaving ghost window 3 Years, 1 Month ago  
Make sure you are not using the "copy" transparency type (Options->Advanced->Transparency type). It will cause Rainlendar to take a copy of anything that is currently on the desktop and use it as its background image. You should be using the "native" type instead.
Rainy
graph

My settings was already set to Native for the transparency type. If you have any other suggestions, I'd appreciate it. I'm attaching two screen shots. There's a third scenario, but it hasn't happened in a while.
dkump
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Screens hots of hole where window overlapped calendar:
dkump
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Screen shot with white background instead of transparent:
dkump
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

This is the last example. A Firefox window that was closed leaves a ghost image only over the calendar.
dkump
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop