Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

desktop doesn't refresh leaving ghost window
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: desktop doesn't refresh leaving ghost window
Re: desktop doesn't refresh leaving ghost window 3 Years ago  
If you have set the transparency to native and you still get the image artefacts it would suggest that your graphics adapted doesn't handle transparent windows correctly. If you have the latest graphics drivers in your computer and you still get the error you can try to use either the copy or region transparency type in Rainlendar. Both of them have their own problems but they might work better in this situation.
Rainy
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have updated my video drivers and it didn't help. I tried the Copy setting and seems to be working fine. The Region setting created a dark shadow around each number so I didn't stick with it. When you say both have their problems, can you provide examples?
dkump
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Well, the main problems are that in the region transparency the windows will get aliased edges and black backgrounds if the skin is translucent. With the copy transparency the background is part of the window so it moves with it. Also if there is something on top of the calendar's windows when the background is copied everything will be part of the background image (even windows from other applications).
Rainy
graph

Re: desktop doesn't refresh leaving ghost window 10 Months, 3 Weeks ago  
I have fixed my issue by setting a solid background for the calendar. It definitely fixes the white background issue. It appears to be some type of bug when using a transparent background. If anyone has this issue, try a solid background instead of transparent.
dkump
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:desktop doesn't refresh leaving ghost window 3 Months ago  
I finally figured out the root cause of my issue. I'm running Windows 7 and was using Windows Classic and later Windows 7 Basic theme. Once I switched to an Aero theme, the problem went away. A solid color background in Rainlendar masked the problem most of the time, but the Aero theme fixed it completely. Just thought I'd let everyone know.
dkump
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop