Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Chromophore lost its windows
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Chromophore lost its windows
Chromophore lost its windows 2 Years, 6 Months ago  
I had Chromophore all adjusted (no customize - just settings and such) and decided to try some skins out. Now the only windows it has are the base three - calendar, events, and todo. I installed the updated beta and the "new" chromophore has the same problem. It's got to be in the Options some place, please point me to the right place.
lizmarr
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Chromophore lost its windows 2 Years, 6 Months ago  
Sigh, now it has lost its icons. I had each calendar with its own icon, and each event entry had its own (but different) icon. It's mostly gone. The icons that are showing are sometimes not the one I have set, sometimes are, and sometimes are not there at all. In the event view, no icons are there at all. Now what? Is there a config file I can delete?

When I mess something up I do it good.

I noticed this mess before updating the beta (64bit - b113) I thought perhaps the beta would help it. Sigh, I really am more accomplished computer geek than this.
lizmarr
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

OK, here I am again. I got them both fixed but I am confused.

First, the calendar(s). It seems since I unchecked some they disappeared. When I checked the settings for the skin and pressed advanced, they were all listed on the left but only the default three windows on the right. So, single click per each entry to put them on the right side and open each one to click the "visible" box. Voila, windows everywhere. That part done. Now, why do they go out of the active skin when you uncheck them and why must one move them back to get them to show again? To me it should simply have the list under windows in case you change your mind about showing them. I expect they will disappear again when I uncheck the ones I don't plan to use at this time.

Now, icons... There is a setting under Options, Advanced that says: Combine icons in the calendar. The choices are: Show all icons, Show one icon per type, Show only one icon, Show no icons. This was apparently my problem. I had originally selected, "Show one icon per type" and that worked fine. Somewhere in my tweaking I selected, "Show all icons". I guess I don't understand just what these selections me, but at least the icons are working.

Grrr. I discovered something else I changed and changed back later and then the icons work. A little ways up from the icons place in Options, Advanced is a setting that says: Visual category overwrite. The choices are: Only uncategorized, Icon from events, Always. I think the REAL magic setting is "Only uncategorized" Sorry about that. Back to looking for the setting that turns off yesterday's events in the Event list.

I am trying to replace iCalendar as it seems to be ghost ware at the least and I don't like the way it does calendar links. I do miss being able to click on a day in the main calendar and have the event window change. It is nice to get the icons to work, this was one "show stopper".

Sorry to be such a pest. I hope that someone will find this post useful. It would be nice to know the reasoning about the windows, I need to look to see if I have other skins with windows hidden. An explanation of the icon settings would be appreciated by not necessary.
lizmarr
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2012/01/07 13:54 By lizmarr.

If you change to the simple mode in the skin options and choose a different skin Rainlendar will automatically select the default windows for it. This also happens when you switch back to the old skin. The settings which you changed for the individual skins are remembered but you need to add the windows back to the active skin.

If you see yesterday's event in the list you can set the Options->Advanced->"Number of past days the list shows" to 0.
Rainy
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop