Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Big event's file and date display changing
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Big event's file and date display changing
Big event's file and date display changing 2 Years, 6 Months ago  
I'm collecting "Day of ..." events and storing them on a ics file to show only in the event list. So far I have more than 300. But when the display date is changed (with buttons) Rainlendar freezes for some seconds (2 or 3, not a big thing), and then the calendar updates.
Is the ics file readed again or is already stored in memory when this happen? I've excluded this file in the calendar window, only in the event list. I know that this freezes will happen when start/refresh Rainlendar, I want to avoid it when in use.
Can be this file (re)readed only for the windows it has included? and also, can be the event/todo list been avoided when Global_ShowMonth is called? (it redraw all windows)

Thanks Rainy.
Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male My Rainlendar Skins Location: Argentina Birthday: 03/15
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Big event's file and date display changing 2 Years, 6 Months ago  
Usually the delays are related to the window drawing. Can you add a link to the ics file (or send it to me if it contains private data)? I can check what causes the delay.
Rainy
graph

I sent to you the ics files which causes this behaviour.

I was thinking, how about checking if a window needs to be redrawed? (not always, but in some cases ,e.g.,when enable/disable a calendar check if it is included, or excluded. But this will means a redesign of the Rainlendar_Redraw() function.
Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male My Rainlendar Skins Location: Argentina Birthday: 03/15
Last Edit: 2012/01/22 13:02 By Jorge_Luis.

Thanks for the files. In this case the problem wasn't redrawing but the delay was caused by the yearly recurring events which are not handled very efficiently in Rainlendar. This actually affects all recurring events but the yearly ones are probably the worst since they usually last forever. I'll have to check if there is something I can do to make them work better.
Rainy
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop