Error 403 from Google Calendar? Upgrade to the new Google Calendar support. See here for details. close
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

date offset between lightning and rainlendar?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: date offset between lightning and rainlendar?
date offset between lightning and rainlendar? 2 Years, 10 Months ago  
Hei!

Trying to open the rainlendar ics file as a lightning calendar and...

the lightning shows all normal events created in rainlendar with start/end date beeing 1973 instead of 2012.

Same time offset vice versa - if I create an event with lightning for today in the calendar file used by rainlendar I see the event date in rainlendar beeing in the year 2050.

The same time differnce remains when I import the ics calendar file from Rainlendar

The lighting version I use is 1.2.1 (thunderbird 10.0.1)and the rainlendar version is
2.9 (b111).

Is there a fundamental diffrenece how different apps approach the entry in ics file? Or bug somewhere?
Or perhaps I am not suppose to open these ICS calendar files with some other app as they are not interchangeable?

rgds,
Paavo
Sild
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: date offset between lightning and rainlendar? 2 Years, 10 Months ago  
Check that the "Time offset (mins)" setting in Options->Calendars for the calendar is set to 0. If it's set to something else you need to change it to 0, export your events to a ics file to remove the offset from the start times.
Rainy
graph

Re: date offset between lightning and rainlendar? 2 Years, 10 Months ago  
Hello!
Thanks for this tip!
The calendar offset was indeed nonzero.
Why - beats me. Probably has been from the moment I started to use Rainlendar.
I did not notice this setting before.

Now it works! The PDA syncronises to lightning and both - rainlendar and lightning use the same ics calendar file. And as I use Pegasus mail for emailing (not thunderbird) then Rainlendar is called from mail program with command line option to import meeting requests (afaik Thunderbird/Lihtning cannot be called to add calendar entry from command line)

Thanks!
Sild
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop