Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Sound alarm on PC when using Google Calendar?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: Sound alarm on PC when using Google Calendar?
Sound alarm on PC when using Google Calendar? 2 Years, 8 Months ago  
Hi,

I have used Rainlendar free for many years in my PCs and laptops.

Now I want to have a synchronization with Google Calendar for my Android phone.

I am trying the last beta (2.10 build 114) and it synchronizes perfectly with Google Calendar in my phone, but I need the sound alarm for my laptop. This is basic for me as I log out of Google many times while I am on the laptop and NEED the Rainlendar sound alarms as a must.

I mean... I need to use Rainlendar with Google Calendar but the sound alarm of the default calendar in my desktop.

Is this possible at all?

Thanks
Dan82
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Sound alarm on PC when using Google Calendar? 2 Years, 8 Months ago  
If you add an alarm for the event you should see it in Rainlendar and also hear the default alarm sound. Is this not happening with you or did I misunderstood something?
Rainy
graph

Ok, I explain more in detail.

When I create a new event having Google Calendar as default, it doesn't even offer me the option to set a sound/music alarm. The new event window will offer an alarm button with two options, alarm by sms and by email, but not sound alarm at all.

If I change and choose the default calendar, the sound alarm is there and works, but then I have no Google Calendar syncronization.

I might be doing something wrong, but that is what I get.

Thanks. (Remember I am talking of the last beta)
Dan82
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

There are three choices for the Google alarm methods: alert, email and sms. However that only applies how Google handles the alarms. Rainlendar will always show its alarm popup no matter which method you choose. The disabled alarm sound button means that it's not possible to select a custom alarm sound for the specific event but you will still get the default alarm sound when the alarm popup is shown.
Rainy
graph

Rainy wrote:
There are three choices for the Google alarm methods: alert, email and sms. However that only applies how Google handles the alarms. Rainlendar will always show its alarm popup no matter which method you choose. The disabled alarm sound button means that it's not possible to select a custom alarm sound for the specific event but you will still get the default alarm sound when the alarm popup is shown.

Thanks.

In my tests with the last beta I didn't see the sound alert option in Google's choices and the default alarm of Rainlendar didn't ring either. It isn't even possible to set it.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Is there any tutorial around for using Google Calendar in combination with Rainlendar?

One last question, in the current Pro version these features you mention are already implemented or should I wait for the next version to come out after the beta.

I don't want to use the beta for every day as you say it is not stable yet and could put me in real trouble to miss appointments.

Thanks.
Dan82
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Sound alarm on PC when using Google Calendar? 2 Years, 7 Months ago  
The Google alarm methods are available only in the beta versions at the moment. The alarms should work the same way in the official release too.
Rainy
graph

Go to topPage: 123
get the latest posts directly to your desktop